Behind the White House, we passed a famous little church...where the Presidents go to pray. I think this is the one that was shown on the Inaugaration.
Korean War Memorial at night. It's hard to capture it on film. Eerie at night. The concept of the etched faces on the wall is the "support troops" watching the "ground troop" walking through the woods.
Lincoln Memorial at night.
I tried very hard to capture the reflection of the Washington Monument and the Capitol in the water..but my camera is just not that advanced.
The Vietnam Memorial at night:
The Jefferson Memorial: We were only able to visit the Jefferson Memorial at night. It is set off to itself and too long a distance to walk (when you are tired that is) and parking is very limited, so we went at night.
Capitol
1 comment:
Beautiful. I know what you mean about pictures not doing justice to how it FEELS when you're actually there in person. But your pictures did an excellent job of recreating it all in my mind.
Post a Comment