(please ignore any dust you see laying around in the pic above...and take note of the next sign.
For now...I have been going to Ross to redecorate...where you can find cute and inexpensive stuff...right up my alley! Sis. Hawkins told me about "Home Goods" which will be my next stop! I found 3 small metal signs, each with a different saying and color and couldn't resist them. I've scattered them throughout the house. This is new sign on my front door....just my sense of humor. :)
An addition to the arrangement in my bedroom.

My motto lately. I've been organizing and getting rid of stuff like crazy. I've am trying to complete a room at a time and this is in Dustin's old room...now Mike's new office.

Also in Mike's office / guest bedroom on top of the shelves.

One of my red stars. (the small one I think) The Smile sign may be moved later (which is the reason it's hanging by a ribbon (which I have since changed to red) and not a nail. Also shows my new occasional table by the front door so I will know where my keys are!! (in the drawer!)
My motto lately. I've been organizing and getting rid of stuff like crazy. I've am trying to complete a room at a time and this is in Dustin's old room...now Mike's new office.
Also in Mike's office / guest bedroom on top of the shelves.
One of my red stars. (the small one I think) The Smile sign may be moved later (which is the reason it's hanging by a ribbon (which I have since changed to red) and not a nail. Also shows my new occasional table by the front door so I will know where my keys are!! (in the drawer!)
I seem to be missing one new sign...an old fashioned tin sign that says something like "Teachers Touch lives"
I'll think about quit buying words for my walls for now...but I still have one spare room and one bathroom left....ya never know!
6 comments:
Hey Girl,
Sorry for not stopping by lately. I haven't read a blog since before Christmas. I rarely use the computer at home and am usually doing too many other things. Glad you had a "chillin" Christmas. I know you must have missed Alaena. Update me, but, is she living in Texas now??
We had not heard anything about Bro. Denard until I read your blog today. I've known their family since I was a young teenager. Our prayers are with their family.
Dustin is looking more manly as in not as boyish. He's still a cutie pie.
Sounds to me like you still stay as busy as you ever have.
Nice updating on your house...
I'm with you, you never know what you'll find at Ross's. I also like Kirkland's. And if you watch the ads, you can generally get anything you want at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 price. I enjoy home decor., Cathy has told me many times I should have been an interior decorator. I would love to have the budget to match my taste... that would be nice.
Happy New Year.....
Hey! Figured you was busy. I'm waiting on Christmas pix of Rylee on your blog!
Lae & Chris are living in Tx. With Mom & Dad for now. (they have a bigger house) They both are working and are applying for better jobs. She is still doing college on-line and will prob. transfer to my old college in Beaumont later. She is now the VLB leader at their church.
I didn't know about Bro. Denard's passing until Sunday morning and we didn't go home that day..but just spent some time shopping and then went up to viewing. I don't ever think about telling other people...and then was surprised to see Woodland people there. I live in my own little world, I guess. I'm sorry.
Yep, Dustin is 26 and all grown up.
Well, I'm certainly no decorator like YOU are. I told you I need to hire you...but I will wait for the "new house" one day. This tiny house isn't big enough to decorate too much...but I'm resigned to getting it a little more cozy than it has been lately.
I'm hoping that D.C. has a warm front blow in right after the innaugeration! :)
Happy New Year!
Well...if what you have done is not called decorating...then I shudder to think that you would call what I've done. I've never gotten settled in this little duplex, so you can tell someone lives here, but there is very little on my walls. I thought what you had done looked very nice and I love the little signs.
Thanks!
Well, some of those walls were empty for a looooong time too OR filled with the kid's decor. So I'm trying to catch up. Of course, Joyce (the above commenter) could really be a professional decorator...she does a great job!
It's especially hard to poke holes in the walls if you don't OWN them. I've discovered the "sticky tape" picture hangers for some of the stuff and it makes me much more comfortable hanging things without putting holes in my sheetrock!
Word signs have been the "big thing" for a few years now. They're still big at Market, but Sue and Stacey said they're so done with them. Stacey said she's TIRED of reading! HA! They've sold hundreds of different word signs. But even after they said they wouldn't buy any more for their stores, they both bought variations, at least. They bought some frames with words on them, for sure. --I like your idea of painting the scripture around the room. Neat!
Ha! That's why they are on sale of course!! :) I never do trends...and I never want to pay full price! It takes me a while to figure out what I like. By that time...the trend is soooooo out of style. But that's okay....I only like what I like.
Post a Comment