
The very thought of spending time with lot's of people always just exhausts me. I'm not a super social person. (Virtual socializing doesn't count!)
I can socialize in person in spurts...but not for extended periods of time. I like socializing after church with church people and going to the Assembly...but after a couple of days...I'm exhausted. My husband could be with people 24/7...the thought of being around people energizes him. I crave quiet, peaceful, alone time.
When we went to D.C....hubby had this idea to drive into the city on a Thursday (right after lunch) and just wander around. I couldn't get my bearings and he could tell I was getting stressed and agitated. Too many people; Too many cars; Too many buildings. Hubby solved the problem by leaving the city proper and we walked around Arlington Cemetery...which had very few living people and was very quiet.
Be the time we went back to D.C. on the weekend, I had gotten my bearings and all the people had cleared out. You could tell by my pix that not many people were in town that weekend...as compared to normal working hours. Which is probably why I enjoyed Arizona so much....not very many people around. :) :) :)
I was looking at my State church calendar and every Saturday between now and mid-April is practically filled up! I almost panicked, but then realized that I didn't have to attend everything anymore. I'm not a state leader anymore so that wipes out 3 Dist. Conventions; I'll attend our district's convention in March. I'll try to attend the Mission's event next weekend on Valentines Day....maybe....(MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!!). I will be out of town during Ladies Retreat in March, but back in time for the Revival in April. Won't go to the couple's retreat (I'm planning my own retreat to San Antonio remember. :)
Ahhh...not as busy as it first seemed. Whew!!
5 comments:
I'm the same way...I HATE crowds!!!
Are you the famous Marsha!!!!
That knows all about San Antonio?
And used to live in Alabama...back when I wasn't around?
Welcome and hello and spill it about S.A. Tx.
When I'm in a big crowd, I will "tune" out. So if you are ever at the Assembly and I walk right by you without seeing you...then just holler at me or trip me...because I am in a tune out mode.
I think I am more of the type that it's not always "how many" (except in BIG cities of course.)...but the duration.
I NEED a down day..with no one around. I work 5 days a week, 40 hours with people all the time. I am with very lovely people constantly on Sunday....so nights and saturdays are my down times.
When we go constantly with no break on weekends....then I get stressed and sick. I'm not good with constant activity.
I read everybody's blogs and half of me admires their ability to keep going...and then the other half cringes in horror at the constant level of activity they keep.
I just went to your blog and you are ANOTHER famous Marsha from another part of the country.
However, if you know anything about San Antonio...you can still share.
Welcome to you too!
Hello, it's me . . . Mrs. Constant-Level-of-Activity. ;-) Oh, the marvelous, rich, nourishing spiritual food you're going to miss out on by being a hermit. :-( Although I, too, need some "alone" time, I can't bring myself to skip any church functions. Incidentally, I'll be at your AL Ladies' Retreat on my birthday weekend. :-D
The other famous Marcia is MIA. I'm thinking maybe she's spending some time with her husband who's been in Iraq for the last year and just got back home. I sent her an e-mail and haven't heard from her. I'm just guessing but . . .
Ha! I laugh at you! (just kidding) :) :)
I get plenty of marvelous rich spiritual food every Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night, Minister's Conv., Dist. Conv, State Conv, Assembly, Mission thingy's.
Along with teaching BTI, Gleaners and Asst. Sunday School..a 40 hour work week...assisting in anything my husband is involved in as in planning a SS Crusade....and some house remodelling too...I'm amazed I can even claim some HERMIT time....much less house cleaning time...or WRITING time!! ;) :):):)
My house is a complete wreck since D.C....so you know what I'll be doing all day tomorrow!!
Everybody join in now...
~whine, whine, whine~ :) :) :)
So far the only things I'll be missing this year is Ladies Retreat and Youth Camp this summer.
(plus those 3 other Dist. Conv. I attended as state WMB.)
I don't know HOW you do all the rest...cooking fabulous dinners, baking, sewing, editing the E.L, Sunday School and BTI., etc....you always exhaust me reading about all you do. You are definitely no hermit!!!
My hubby does suggest me giving up blogs though! ahahahahahahaha!
Post a Comment