IT JUST SEEMED LIKE YESTERDAY THAT I WAS WISHING MY SON HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAST YEAR!
HAPPY 26th BIRTHDAY DUSTIN!
The next trip we're hoping to take...the one we didn't get to take over Thanksgiving. Hopefuly in late March, early April to see bluebonnets. Any suggestions where to stay on the Riverwalk, what Mexican restaurants / steak restaurants are good? Where to go? We may pop on over to Austin too. It's all up in the air right now and not concrete yet.
HAPPY 26th BIRTHDAY DUSTIN!
The next trip we're hoping to take...the one we didn't get to take over Thanksgiving. Hopefuly in late March, early April to see bluebonnets. Any suggestions where to stay on the Riverwalk, what Mexican restaurants / steak restaurants are good? Where to go? We may pop on over to Austin too. It's all up in the air right now and not concrete yet.
7 comments:
But I don't know the Brooks from N. Carolina...so if she read this blog...
We made that trip in 2001. It was GREAT! I can't remember the name of the place where we ate, but it was some Texas Steakhouse place that had a balcony overlooking the River Walk. Not much help. Sorry. But I'll put a bug in Sister Marcia's ear to drop by here and give you some pointers. She lived near there for a few years and she knows all about the area. If you haven't been to the Texas Capital, you NEED to make the trip to Austin. We stayed one night at a B&B in Fredricksburg, and we loved that area for all the antique stores. The German heritage and architecture is really neat. Just like usual, there were many things we missed seeing because we ran out of time and $$$.
No matter what we do... our kids keep getting older...which in turn means we're getting older...such is life. But, I must say the Lord has been so good, and I am blessed.
As much as you empty nesters travel now, I think you should think about writing travel guides. :) :)
The Alamo-great place. And yes, Marcia is the ultimate tour guide. She took us on the river walk and a neat Mexican resturant after the Alamo. But then again she also just gave us the grand tour of DC back in Aug-no we didn't get to see the inside of the capital either because of some huge Christian demostration on the front lawn. Yep, Marcia's your best travel agent for San Antonio.
Mom did tell me she saw you at (drum roll) Ross's. :) :)
Have you checked out the CJ Banks/Christopher Banks new store? I won't pay regular price for anything, but, when they have clearance racks... you can get some great deals.
No, I haven't been to those stores yet. From the windows ;)they seem to carry more casual clothes. I've been in the market for dressier office suits and church clothes lately.
Also, Thanks Sis. Smith for the vicks vapor rub on the feet tip. I have gotten two nights of sleep now...not hearing my hubby cough all night. I was kicking him out to the spare room before he tried it.
Post a Comment