25

1. I don’t like people playing with my food. I don’t like the Chinese/Japanese Restaurants where they do the “show” and throw food at you….I am not amused and won’t catch it. I didn’t like it when Dairy Queen would turn my blizzard upside down…and I just CAN’T eat the peanuts at Logans and toss the shells on the floor. I was RAISED right! Hahahaha! (I'm such a party pooper!)

2. I’ve lain down on a bed of nails. I have the punctured certificate to prove it.

3. I was my high school homecoming queen. I was the class “brain” and did not seek the title. I thought it was a joke…evidently everyone else did not. I felt like an idiot in the parade and didn’t cry when I was crowned. I thought it was extremely stupid. I never dated anyone in high school or attend football games and I positively hated Pep Rallies. The photographer (who was evidently a pervert) got mad at me because my floor length dress did not have a slit in it so I could show my leg in the pix. I should have kicked him. I still think I was an “uuuuugly” homecoming queen. Yes, I have the pix to prove it.

4. I did however work very hard to be Class Valedictorian. I deserved it. However, I only graduated in a class of 22, so I’m not sure how much of an honor it actually was....AND…no one has ever cared or asked if I graduated with honors after I graduated.

5. I did cry when I was chosen for IYC that same year in 1981 and went to Colorado Springs. However, this sheltered, backwoods Texas church gal, got quite an eyeful about the “State of the Union” while there.

6. I was so quiet and shy in high school…(not in church of course)…that I joined a play called the “Outcasts of Poker Flats” to break out of my shell. (Me...the most innocent girl in school played an aging dance hall "lady";) :) ...I had a great dying scene....and I had to spray gray in my hair back then.)

7. I “unofficially” and unknowingly first met my (future) husband when I was 12 and he was 22 at the Assembly at my Grandparent’s house…which was across Keith Street from the Tabernacle. We met again a few years later and married when I was still 18 and he just turned 29.

8. I’m horrible with remembering occasions. I will try to get you the gift before 1.your first anniversary 2. before your baby turns one.


9. I’m not a girly girl. I can’t stand to be around the silly teens who always talk like…like… “OMG”…giggle…giggle…and only talk about boys, hair and clothes. I personally think that why some animals eat their young. ;) Ha! My daughter had to go to camp to learn some girly stuff. She would always come home with some pink lotion or hair doo-dads.

10. I have decided to give up bunk beds for the rest of my life. I don't like Mayonaise. (there's 2 for the price of one.)

11. I have absolutely no…no…did I say no?...No interest in sports whatsoever.

12. Which must be why I dislike working in a Corporate environment. I am NOT a very good team player. I also don’t want to work around a bunch of women or have a woman boss. Too much petty politics…too much power corrupts absolutely. I work in an office where it is a male boss and me…AND he’s GONE from the office most of the time. (There are other women in my office...they just don't work for us or I for them.)

13. I greatly dislike the “dirty santa game”. I know...I'm such a party pooper. :)

14. I own 2 pieces of the Berlin Wall.

15. I took a total of 6 years of Home Economics and I’m still a failure at Home Economics! Ha!

16. I dream very vivid, detailed, long dreams full of color and action. I have written blockbusters, novels and award winning literature while I am asleep. Too bad I can’t remember any of it. Ha!

17. I am very bad at math. I have to use my fingers, toes and write out every number and carry in long addition, subtraction and multiplication. My bank deposit slips are embarrassing. I have learned to let Excel add everything up for me at work. I barely remember MY SS# , address and phone number. I don’t know my driver’s license # or my cell phone # and am not intending too. However, I DO remember the phone # and address I grew up with for some unknown reason.

18. I grew up a daughter of a Deacon and a Licensed Teacher. I was a granddaughter of a Pastor. I liked to play church in the church house and was always the SS Teacher and my sister the song leader. I also would sneak into the back SS room after communion after church and drink the rest of the grape juice (poured from the bottle into a clean cup ;) )…until my mom caught me and made me stop. I KNEW I could just drink the juice at my grandma’s house probably because she always kept Welch’s in the refrigerator…but it just TASTED better at church!

19. The two things I would LOVE to do without lessons or practice.
Play the piano. Figure skate.

20. My mom used to sew all my clothes. I learned to sew (remember HomeEc) and used to sew all my dresses. I quit sewing when I had kids and sewing stuff shot up on price. It was cheaper to buy. My mom designed and sewed my wedding dress. It was an “English Riding Habit” and I wore a white hat with a tulle bow hanging down the back instead of a veil.

21. I’m not fond of animals or pets. I don’t wish them any harm and don’t mind if you love them or not. I’ve even said a prayer for a few because you love them so much. Although I sympathized with Sis. Rebekah over the loss of her poodle...I personally think poodles are...oh never mind. It all has to do with growing up McGriff and my crazy grandparents. Not one McGriff grandchild likes poodles or the name "Pepe". Ha! I also will not allow animals in my house. God gave them fur coats remember! My sister won’t come stay with me because I won’t allow her “babies” to stay in my house….and she loves to travel with her animals and insists that they stay WITH her…not outside. My husband is even worse than me and tells everyone…you can come for a visit…but don’t bring your animals.

22. I won’t let my husband go without facial hair. When he has shaved it off…I give him 3 days to grow it back.

23. I liked turning 40….it made me finally feel grown up. However, at 46…we can slow down now!

24. I like my gray hair. I don’t have anything against dying it…I just like it…and I’m also cheap.

25. I WISH I had been born with red hair. I just don’t understand why God didn’t give me red hair!!!!!

I did this for all my blogging buddies and especially for Shanna, since she tagged me! However, I won’t be doing any more. Ha! That’s all folks!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you Sister Tammy for being such a good sport! Your answers are a hoot! :o) I understand how painstaking things like this can be, and hope you know there was no pressure to participate. Talk to you again soon! :o)

Tammy Washburn said...

Just pickin on you Shanna. :) :) I'll do it especially for you...because you are just tooooo sweet! Obviously, I can certainly talk about myself 'ad nauseum and it doesn't look like I had too hard a time coming up with 25 things. Ha! ;P :)

Emily W said...

I like your gray hair too. I've always been a fan of gray hair since my dad was completely gray by the time I was born. I've got quite a bit of gray myself but it doesn't show up against the blonde. One of these days, not to far away now, I suppose it will be the blonde that won't show up. Hahaha

Tammy Washburn said...

Thanks Emily! Can't wait to Dist. Convention! I know ya'll are probably tired by now. :) See you this weekend.

Momma Tammi said...

You quack me up! You are so funny! I happen to like the "McGriff" gray too...it is a pretty gray.

Tammy Washburn said...

Hmmm...Scientist have just figured out why I am gray headed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/
29468796

cokelady said...

I just learned SO MUCH about you!!! And... I'm dying to see a wedding picture--could you post one??? Please, oh please, oh please??? Ooooh, and the Homecoming Queen picture! Would love to see that one, too. :-)

I understand. About the poodles, that is. In my mind, I feel the same way about them and think if people are going to have a dog they ought to get a REAL dog. But in my heart... ! ;-)

Tammy Washburn said...

Rebekah,
Well...maybe I would...but my scanner is down. And I don't keep those ugly homecoming pix out where anybody can see them! They're buried in a box in the basement! Ha!

We thought that our grandparents loved their poodle more than their grandchildren. ;) :) The poodle got to play and puddle in the formal living room (on the couch even)...while we lived in fear to breath in it. Ha! We've all thought evil and dastardly thoughts against whichever poodle they had at any given time. One time it's a black poodle named Pepe...then it died...(you know I need to question those cousins of mine ;)...then the next one was a white one named Pepe....and so on. I have no clue how many "Pepes" they've owned or what current color it is now...it was white a couple of years ago. ;) :)

Your heart must have a great capacity to love such a shivery, nervous, "frou-frou" animal. Hahahhahahahahahahaha! But that's okay...you're not WARPED like I am! :) :) :) :)

Tammy Washburn said...

Also....go get yourself a REAL dog...a Lassie Dog and let it roam outdoors...so she can find your children when they are in trouble! (or at least a Shelty...which is a smaller Lassie looking dog!) Ha!

Vicki Smith said...

But WHY would you lay on a bed of nails!?!? I mean, it's quite okay to not be a "girlie girl" but isn't that taking it a bit far??? LOL
I'm a girlie girl who had a tom boy for a daughter. Becki despised ANYTHING girlie and refused to play with dolls. Stuffed animals were okay if they weren't too froofy, but dolls were DEFINITELY out. She'd much rather be playing football with the guys or anything else that wasn't girlie. But we serve a just God and He has given her a VERY GIRLIE girlie girl. HA! I love it! Katie is an exaggerated mini me. :-D

Tammy Washburn said...

Why did I lay on a bed of nails?
Because it was there. :) (at a College Careers Event)

Ha! I loved to play basketball without rules. I NEVER played baby dolls, but my barbie's got into lot's of adventures (being trapped in mountains, almost starved, rescued just in time.;) :)

I REFUSED bows, ruffles, or lace. I only endured wearing dresses when the long midi dresses came into style (so I didn't have to remember to sit like a girl ;)

I despised the colors PINK OR PURPLE or Baby Blue!!! ARRGGGG! I like "Earth Tones". Hahahahhaha (still do).

However, my girly daughter loved ruffles, bows, lace, gloves, hats, tea parties and BUBBLEGUM PINK!!!!

God does get you back.

cokelady said...

First of all... I don't blame people for not liking poodles anyway, but in your case I would certainly say you have just cause! Ha! Pepe and Pepe and Pepe... Ha! That's HILARIOUS! But not the part about the dog being treated better than the family... Well, yeah, even that's kind of funny. ;-)

I must let it be known that our poodles have NEVER been allowed to puddle in the living room or ANYWHERE in my house! They will be perfectly house trained or they simply will not be here. :-)

And I am sooooo with you on the girly-girl stuff. It pains me, really. I try real hard to stretch myself that direction for the sake of my daughter sometimes, but it is sooooooo hard!!! And I can't really pull it off anyway. We really needed Mom here for the tea party a few days ago. She can sit and wear a big froofy hat and hold her pinky out and sip her tea and use terms such as "lovely party" and "delightful dessert" and all other manner of sissyness that would just gag those of us who weren't built that way! Ha!

Tammy Washburn said...

Rebekah,
I completely sympathize. :) :)
I suspect our girly-girls will look at their tom-boy, bruised-up, covered in dirt daughters and say, "YOU ARE JUST LIKE YOUR GRANDMA!" hahahhaha!

God also has a sense of humor, I suspect. :P :P