click through (or double click to go to website)to see the new dunking booth pix!
9:45! BE ON TIME!!! MINING the Gold of God's Word!
Mike started the morning off with a reading from Bro. Covey's "Delving the Depths" first chapter about "Miner's in The Church of God". It is also found in his book "Probing our Problems".
Prospector Sam puppet gave us one last visit about MINING for Gold Then "armed and disguised" Gold Robbers burst through the side door!!!
Robber 1: Everybody Freeze? This is a hold up!
Robber 2: Yeah, get your hands up folks.
Robber 1: Hey Will, I'm sure these good people have got plenty of GOLD!
Robber 2: Yeah, it's a real good idea to use our REAL NAMES!!
(walks up to first person) GIVE ME YOUR GOLD...I KNOW YOU HAVE SOME!
Person 1: Act 3:6 Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: (hands him a Bible).
Robber 2: (looks at Bible, shrugs and walks away.)
Robber 1: (walks to 2nd person) GIVE ME YOUR GOLD OR FEAR FOR YOUR LIFE!
Person 2: For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son and that whosoever believeth in him should NOT PERISH but have everlasting life. JOHN 3:16
Robber 2: (hunts 3rd person) WHAT ABOUT YOU...GIVE ME YOUR GOLD! I KNOW YOU HAVE IT HIDDEN SOMEWHERE!
Person 3: Psalm 199:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee!
Robber 1: AWE...LET'S GET OUT OF HERE! THESE PEOPLE DON'T HAVE ANY REAL GOLD!
Robber 2: (Opening Bible and reads) "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved." I don't know...I think I want to find out more about this kind of gold!
Next, Bro. Mike makes a surprise announcement that he is awarding a Bible to the person who worked the hardest and brought the most people to SS during the contest. A young man, (whose mother said that he had recently told her he wanted a new, smaller Bible to take to work to witness to an aetheist there) won it. How cool is that! I told him, "See...the Bible says that if you delight yourself in the Lord, He will give you the desires of your heart".

After this the older Children signed the chorus of "I Bless Your Name" by Selah, while actors acted out Paul & Silas with chains for the first verse and a distressed young lady for the second verse.
Bro. Mike ended SS with: "Many denominational churches today are deleting SS from their services. Satan is convincing them to do this, because Satan HATES Sunday School and wants to shut it down because it is where we learn and study God's Word. The Church of God LOVES Sunday School and the Gold that can be found in God's Word. If we want our children to grow up and have a faithful, solid, stable relationship with God their entire lives then they NEED / MUST come to Sunday School!"
After church we had a picnic on the grounds:
Team Hopkins (pastor) won the Attendance Contest and Team Hawkins lost. However, Bro. Hopkins was a gracious winner and agreed to be dunked along with Bro. Hawkins, Bro. Mike, Bro. Chris (Ass. SS Super.) and our State SS Coord. Richard Barnes (who came to participate.)
Team Hopkins & Team Hawkins hahahahahahaha!
The best throwers were the little girls, but some wives really enjoyed dunking their husbands. WHAT A GREAT DAY!!!!!
You can guess who she is throwing at! :)
Ha!
Team Hawkins rattling the cage of the winning team leader Team Hopkins
State SS Coord. Richard Barnes taunting a little boy.
Uh, the little fellow got him and posed in victory!
Sweet revenge against the SS Superintendant Mike Washburn who came up with the dunking booth idea. :) :)
And there Here goes!
Asst. Sunday School Super. , Chris Parker.
And his little boy trying to dunk Dad.
Awe.....isn't this sweet.
If you want to see more, watch the slide show at top or double click on it and you'll see more.
Since we did not have service that night, we ended the afternoon with a devotional.
Total Attendance for Sunday School today was 76...and we had more show up for the picnic.
7 comments:
Thanks for sharing this...it sounds like it went great..and everyone seemed like they were having soooo much fun!! I love it!
Such a great idea! You got some awesome pictures!
What a great day! I'm sure NO ONE will forget it. -I saw Crystal's pictures at the WONDERFUL Ladies' Retreat that you skipped out on. ;-) I missed you.
Ha! Sounds like you all had a great time! Glad you missed me.
Four weeks of crusade planning, a car crash, chiro visits and work brought me to a grinding halt. I spent Saturday doing absolutely nothing. I slept in until 10:00...then took a nap at 12:00, then another nap at 4:00....
And then got up early on Sunday morning and Mike & I made a run to Krispy Kreme to make sure that all the kids and church people who didn't go to Ladies Retreat had plenty of donuts to hype them up while all the mom's were gone! Ha! ;) :) :)
You guys are sooooo cool! SO CREATIVE. And the dunking booth is such a great idea--LOVE the picture of Brother Hawkins and his goggles and little arm floaties! HA!
Glad you had such a wonderful day! I love the pic of Chris & Jacob that is just too cute. That could win a photo contest!
Are you about straightened out from the accident yet?
I had a chiro adjustment Thursday, which helped the main issue, but made me very sore. I missed work on Friday. Taking it easy this past weekend. I'm hanging in there. Still somewhat stiff. Will get my truck back from shop hopefully today or tomorrow.
Post a Comment