Chicago Trip - Saturday Night

After we rested on Sat., we taxied down to Navy Pier for our Tall Ship Fireworks Cruise. We had received a phone call after our earlier boat tour and the captain of the Schooner told us they wouldn't be able to hoist the sails that night because they didn't have Coast Guard clearance. (?) They would have to only use their motors.

The only reason we chose his ship was because we wanted to sail! However, he was able to get us aboard the Tall Ship Windy instead. The schooner was a 3 hour sunset and fireworks tour...while the Windy was a 1 hour fireworks cruise and was cheaper anyway. We decided to go to on the Windy because we wanted to sail and it was still quite chilly and we figured the 3 hour cruise would be too cold and long. We enjoyed it and had a great time. It of course was already dark when we boarded so the pix are all dark!











This was a pix I got of the Windy earlier in the week...not knowing we would sail on her instead.









The view of course is more gorgeous than the pix can capture. I need a better camera!












Next in line...The Farris Wheel!




The Farris Wheel never stops. It's very smooth and you just step on and go around and when you get to the bottom...you step out. (of course the doors are locked while in the air.)







Looking down from the top!



The Crystal Gardens:


2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Oh WOW! You did awesome. The coloring, even in the dark pictures, is so great!

Tammy Washburn said...

Thanks! But it's the camera. I just finally figured out how to change the settings and I took lots of pix to get one good one.

I wish I had figured out those settings in DC at night.