I was able to minister to a co-worker today. He was distraught over a lifelong rift between him and his father...and felt some bitterness and hurt over the issue which has flared up once again.
The Lord just led me to tell him the "secret of life". Of course the man looked at me and probably wondered how I knew the secret of life??
I told him..."It is the Power of Forgiveness.
That when we forgive someone else, it allows us to feel peace with God.
God is willing to forgive us of our trespasses and we need to be willing to forgive others.
Forgiving his father may not change his father, but it would change him (the co-worker) instead....granting him peace and freedom from hurt and anger...and a clear conscience before God. Forgiveness is the first step to healing this rift.
The man kind of looked at me stunned, but admitted that it was good advice.
I told him I would pray for them.
God's forgiveness set me free. My forgiveness of others helps keep me free.
Also found on my calendar:
Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated.
You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps.
1 comment:
Love the calendar quote. :-)
And your forgiveness advise is good, too. When I don't forgive I don't hurt that other person; I'm the one who suffers. We sometimes think that if we forgive, the offender is "getting away with it." Not true. We serve a righteous Judge who knows all and sees all and He keeps a perfect record--and He sees the unforgiveness I may be harboring in my heart, as well. It's just best to give the hurt and/or anger to Him and let HIM deal with it. Then I can walk away FREE!
Post a Comment