The Body of Christ is neither fractured, broken or maimed.
The Body of Christ is regenerative....growing.
If we choose to leave.....Our absence would be sorely missed and mourned...but our place would be filled by the willing.
If we choose to return....we can be regenerated back in.
Don't be left behind.
4 comments:
Amen. God doesn't NEED you or me, but we sure need HIM. You and I can be replaced; there is no replacement for God. I just want to be faithful, surrendered, moldable and useable by the Lord.
So glad you and your first "congregation" fared so well. Being a bonafide "called to teach" teacher, I can't imagine branching out to preaching (i.e. leaving the pulpit and notes behind). I don't always stick strictly to the notes, but I don't wander away from them and I've never so far "yelled" at the congregation. ;-)
Sometimes the "yelling" turns into one big noise to me and I find it hard to concentrate. Bro. Smith doesn't yell...so I'm positive it isn't necessary for everybody. :)
I enjoy DEEP preachers/teachers who thrill my soul with understanding the scriptures. I'm NOT talking about "theologically degreed / need a dictionary" preachers or those who seem to invent some "new thing" out of an obsure verse like on T.V.
I'm talking about those TCOG preachers who see God's simple plan and can simply explain it leaving you feeling like you feasted full on steak 'n taters.
I wish I could be like that.
I still remember the Pearl of Great Price preached at our church by Bro. Smith. Simple...but Wow!
My notes keep me on track...but I'd kinda of like to be able to walk away from the notes (not necessarily the pulpit) just a little bit. ;) :) ha
Brother Smith "yells" sometimes. It just depends. He still "yells" and turns so red in the face you think he's about to explode!
Well, if you wouldn't pick on him so much. ;) :) hahahahahhahahaha
Just kiddin' :P
Post a Comment