The Minister's Convention was wooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllll!!!!!!!
I'm trying to remember all that has happened.
First......Bro. Clarkson loves Alabama. That's all I'm saying. :p
All the preaching has been fantastic. My brain is spinning. One thing I thought was cute in the Free Literature boost was... (I think I got it right).
T he
R eal
A uthentic
C hurch
T eachings
After the altar service Fri. night, the Lord wasn't through. A few people had slipped out due to the late hour, but there were still a crowd left...Bro. Hawkins was waving the flag and then grabbed his wife's hand and started marching around the church. By the time it was all said and done...husbands and wives were marching around the church hand in hand, waving flags and the Holy Ghost was falling all over the church. Bro. Clarkson held the stage flag as the couples passed in front of it. A Holy Ghost message and interpretation was that we would win the lost through our families. I think we got home about 11:30 that night.
Today, between some Aux. boosts, Bro. Hawkins suddenly asked for Mike & I to come up front. We didn't know what he was doing. He presented us with our Lay Minister's/Trial Deacon's license and they were dated the same day. (However I am 001 & Mike is 002...Ha! :) After the way the service happened last night, Bro. Hawkins enjoyed presenting a husband and wife licenses for ministry at the same time. For some reason I thought we would get them in the mail from HQ. He asked us if we wanted to say something, but I can't talk while crying. I just thanked the Lord.
We had a baptism service right after the luncheon today. I think after the beautiful Assembly baptism, the State wanted to get involved too! We have a baptistry which is too little used in our church. It was lovely service with 2 baptized.
Bro. Clarkson is bringing the morning message tomorrow. He has really fed our souls.
I did tell ya'll that he loves Alabama didn't I?? :)
2 comments:
You're not scaring me, lady. Although I'm sure Brother Clarkson has had a wonderful time, I KNOW he's homesick for the west... you know, where he truly BELONGS. ;-) I'm glad he was able to make this trip and I'm anxious to hear his version of everything. It will be much more lengthy than yours. Ha!
Love the husband-wife thing and what God is doing through FAMILIES in The Church of God. How exciting!
Hahahahaha! I told my husband that I just wanted to poke you a little!!! :P However, I believe he told Bro. Hawkins that if he didn't feel a calling for the West.....(well, we can let him explain that :)
You know it's hard to remember everything when you first get home. Your mind and Spirit is in such a whirl!
Bro. C's first message last Wed. night was from the book of James about the tongue. Not a happy message, but one that needs to be preached...uh....about once a month. :)
His second message (at the convention) was along with the theme: Eph 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
The words "exceeding abundantly above all" are very interesting....it doesn't say exceedingly....it says EXCEEDING abundantly". Now can you imagine (if he hasn't already preached it there) the gist of that message?!
The third message leaned more heavily on the second part of that scripture (according to the power that worketh within us)...and then onto reaching the world...telling & showing pictures of the "extreme" peoples we must reach because they need God.
Bro. Hawkin's address was encouraging us to Trust in God. One sentence I'll paraphrase: Even if we (as ministers) had a medicine cabinet full of medicine back home, we still need to preach Divine Healing because it is the Word of God and it is true. Great, great message.
Honestly, I believe we have the best State Coord./Auxilliary Boosters. One day, everybody needs to hear Bro. Grimes' CPMA boost. So much fun!
Post a Comment