I shared these lyrics with my Ladies SS Class Sunday as a prayer:
Empty me
of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition
And the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me
So I can be
Filled with you
(Chris Sligh - Empty Me)
This along with...Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me....will keep us on the path to Holiness.
(Luk 6:28) Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
Tis the Season ...~sigh~.....again.
It's always beneficial for Christians (me included) to be well versed on the following definitions:
GOSSIP: a person who reveals personal or sensational facts about others. 2 a: rumor or report of an intimate nature
WHISPERERS: talebearer; Backbiters - talkative against
SLANDER: 1 : the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation 2 : a false and defamatory oral statement about a person.
LIBEL: a: a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1): a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2): defamation of a person by written or representational means (3): the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures
DEFAMATION: 1 to disgrace 2: to harm the reputation of by libel or slander 3 accuse
MALIGN: (malignity) to utter injuriously misleading or false reports about : speak evil of
RAIL or RAILER: to revile or scold in harsh, insolent, or abusive language, reviler, abuser. despiteful - insulter, that is, maltreater
PRESUMPTION: Taking advantage, overstepping bounds, haughty, prideful.
The Bible speaks against such behaviours:
Rom 1:29-32 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Jas 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
We are to mourn when satan destroys lives.
1Co 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
3 comments:
Certainly a subject we need to revisit frequently as a reminder to diligence in this most important matter.
After several years of praying for my unruly tongue and feeling like a total and complete failure, it finally occurred to me that my tongue has very healthy roots that are firmly embedded in my heart. If my HEART is pure and clean and empty of self-will, my tongue will be NO PROBLEM (generally). Once I began concentrating my prayers on my HEART instead of my tongue, I had less and less occasion to have to use my tongue to apologize for yet another unplanned infraction for getting out of line. Oh, God, create in me a clean, and perfect, heart!
"We are to mourn when satan destroys lives." AMEN. God help us all to respond correctly and not be found guilty of anything published in the watch-your-mouth dictionary above. ;-) I always need the reminders, Sister Tammy--so your blog helps keep me straight.
Sis. Smith:
Thanks for the advice. I was wondering how to conquer those things.
Sis. Cokelady,
I'm sorry my blog is so schizophrentic (sp??) this week.
We're on the mountaintop of the convention and the fun I was having with you.....then suddenly Monday shows up with near tragedies and mournful situations. So, so sad.
Now that I have thrown a wet blanket on my blog and sucked all the fun out of it... :)....I am heading over to your blog now...to have fun...not to throw a wet blanket on ya. Ha! See ya there. :)
Post a Comment