Inside of Store:
We arrived about 1:00 pm and decided to try to see as much of the outdoors before it started raining the next day. So we walked around some trails, saw the Raptor show and went to the Festival of Lights on Friday night.
Free roaming Turkeys
We saw the Raptor Show. The Hawk:
They fly over your head and you are responsible for ducking because they are wild creatures.
The Owl:
The Vulture:
The Discovery Center:
It is pretty in the winter. I'm sure it's beautiful in the other seasons.
We went back to the Inn for dinner. We learned very quickly not to get between the old people on the buses and the "Fantabulous Seafood Buffet"! Trampling by orthopedic shoes is not pretty. Ha! I'm not a seafood person, so I had a personal pan pizza. Mike had the seafood heaven buffet. That's okay...he suffers Mexican for me all the time.
That night was boarded a trolley to see the largest Christmas display in the southeast. It's five miles long in the gardens. You can either drive or take their trolley.
A drive through arch:
Notice these are cars in the lights.
Another drive through arch:
It was quite impossible to take pictures that turned out or to even show the beautiful lights. These are most of the ones that came out. They also had lights that moved. Squirrels going up and down trees. Santa's workshops building toys, rabbits running around trees. The 12 days of Christmas. A frog that jumped over a lake and landed in the water with sound effects. Toy soldiers, skaters on the lakes, a light "fountain" and swans on the lake. All of which and much more that I just couldn't capture.
However, my favorite was back at the gate area where the you could stand and listen and watch the Natvity light up. It started out small and just kept growing wider and wider. I quoted scriptures along with it and when it got to the "His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, All Mighty God, Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" part I just really wanted to shout...."I KNOW HIM!"! It was wonderful to stand in a public place and hear and see the Nativity.
We were freezing to death and dashed into the Christmas village to warm up. I saw this tree built to display villages and thought it was a neat way for people to display their villages if you have one.
Of course, Mike wanted a pix from the Alabama tree:
We saved all the indoor stuff for the next day since it was supposed to rain.
5 comments:
what?? you guys were that close to my house and didn't visit??? shame on you!!!
we've been to callaway. it was before we had children though. i've told lance several times that i wanted to take the kids to see the lights. maybe we'll get over there before it's over.
glad to see you guys had a great time and anniversary!
Thanks!!
How close do you live from there?
I thought ya'll lived in Macon?
Yeah, Take the kids. Your girls would love it! We had tickets for two nights of the Fantasy of Lights (came with hotel reservations), but it was terribly rainy the second night and the choices were the open air trolley (does have a roof) or our vehicle with the windows up. We decided to pass on the rainy night (which is the night that the I-Phone tragedy occurred.)
It is a great place to go.
You managed to get some great pics. I love the one of the lighted trees and the the nativity turned out really good too.
Sorry to hear about Mike's baby...extended service plan? Ray just checked about getting an I-phone and that is one of the things the guy at Best Buy told him...buy the extended service plan just in case you drop it...then they'll replace it, otherwise...you are outta luck!
Yes he does have the Apple extended service plan ($68), but it does not cover dropping or dunking in water. It only covers manufacturer's defects. So, it pays to also buy a $50 silicone waterproof/shock absorber case called "The Otter" @ AT&T Store because THAT is a lot cheaper than what it cost to fix Mike's Iphone yesterday!! Merry Christmas Mike!
we do live in macon. about 90 miles from there. :) it's closer than you usually are. haha.
Post a Comment