This is what I put my poor BTI congregation through last night...with some questions I found on the internet. (however, I wasn't the least bit afraid to ask these questions...we have a great group of people who I have a lot of confidence in!!)
SPIRITUAL INVENTORY:
What does it mean to take Spiritual Inventory? It means sitting down and taking a serious look at our strengths and weakness; then planning a course of action to correct that which is lacking and a strengthening of that which is good.
How would you describe your Spiritual Walk with the Lord?
hurried unhurried satisfactory unsatisfactory fresh stale
Evaluate your time alone with the Lord.
hurried unhurried satisfactory unsatisfactory fresh stale
Answer: Yes, Sometimes, or No? (Y,S,N)
Am I asking God to give me opportunities to witness?
Am I taking advantage of the classes and Bible studies offered by The Church of God?
Am I serving in a regular ministry in the church?
Am I regularly asking God to show me opportunities to serve Him and others?
Am I committed financially to advancing the ministry of His Church by giving faithfully?
Am I holding a grudge against anyone? Is there anyone I haven’t forgiven?
Am I seeking to please God by surrendering to Him in every area of my life? (health, decisions, finances, relationships, future etc.)
Am I willing to apologize? Are there any relationships that I need to reconcile?
Am I careful to listen or watch edifying radio programs, music programs, t.v. programs?
Am I careful to bring no “offensive material” before my eyes or ears?
Am I careful to make time to hear the “still small voice” of the Lord, laying down the constant noise of music, video games, computers, internet, books, friends etc.?
Am I dependable so I can be trusted with responsibilities in the Lord’s work?
Am I careful to faithfully attend church services, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together?
Am I careful to be reverent and attentive during the preaching and teaching?
Am I careful to cheerfully greet visitors to our congregation?
Am I careful not to be a distraction during service so that others will not miss the opportunity to worship the Lord or to hear His voice?
Am I fervent in daily and consistent Bible study?
Am I fervent in daily, consistent, private, undistracted prayer time?
Am I sharing my Faith with non-Christians?
Am I a consistent Christian in front of my family, my co-workers, my friends?
Am I happy to consistently invite others to my church?
Am I praying regularly for my pastor and other spiritual leaders?
Am I careful to preserve the integrity and reputation of The Church of God and her leaders & membership in front of my friends and family?
Am I careful to keep a confidence?
Am I careful to encourage every chance I get; not to discourage my family & friends in their walk with the Lord?
1 comment:
O, that we would take inventory REGULARLY. For many years I've made it a daily practice to pray that God would "Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit [attitude] within me." Also, "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." A DAILY inventory is a good thing. But adding some of your questions you listed would be advantageous--the ones where I fall short. I want to work on those, with God's help.
Post a Comment