My son is moving away. He has accepted the job with the State Department and will be moving to Washington D.C. in March. In fact, he graduates college on a Thursday and has to be in D.C. the next Monday. After a few weeks, thankfully he will be working where we have a church. After 7 months, he will go overseas and his parents are praying for nearby churches where ever he lands. Mike & I will be getting our passports and will visit him where ever he is and whenever we can, since we'll have a free room. :)
I know I said I wouldn't and didn't like it....but after booking two speaking/preaching events on Mike's Facebook account...(they contacted me through him and no one seems to use the phone or email anymore)... Mike kinda of wanted me to get my own. So I finally did and I've turned it into a Facebook Devotional (just like this blog.) It reaches those who are not blog readers. I'm not giving up my blog though. :)
3 comments:
Big changes, for sure. May God's perfect will be done in Dustin's life.
Please don't forsake Blogland for Facebook (like most everybody else has!). You're one of the faithful few still in town.
I'm not forsaking Blogland! I read the blogs of the "newlywed/morning sickness crowd"...the stressed out new mom's and pastor's wife....the new grandma's...the talented GOSW... and that "crazy lady who has to chase her kid around to make sure he doesn't pull every tooth out of his head for $$". Hahahahahaha! Blogs are the only way I can get to know and bond with you guys. I'm the one with the boring life who thinks BTI constantly.
This blog is my creative outlet. A place to store all the thots that tumble around in my brain...if I didn't write it all down, my poor hubby would probably glaze over into a coma listening to me all day long!
I consider this blog as my creative lifeline and FB as a new pulpit.
BTW, I've given up the forum for various asundry reasons which I won't publically go into now. :)
Post a Comment