Hubby woke up this morning at Men's Retreat with a bout of food poisoning and was in excrutiating pain. They prayed for him, and one of the Brothers from the church did my job and kept watch over him and prayed for him. Fortunately, he seems to be the only one that got sick.
His pain did let up and he was able to do the devotional he was scheduled to do (how I don't know....and he thinks he did terrible....my poor baby) He made it home and was very sick again but didn't call me. By the time I got home from church he seems to be doing better, but pale and weak. Please keep him in your prayers.
HOWEVER........
Mike says...in spite of being sick...that this was the VERY BEST MEN'S RETREAT HE HAS EVER BEEN TOO!!! He was very blessed by the preaching, teaching and services. Praise the Lord!
8 comments:
So glad that his bout of food poisoning didn't spoil the best ever men's retreat that he's been to. I'll be praying for him.
Food poisoning and he's the ONLY one that got sick??? I guess that's what he gets for hiding his own secret stash of food and not sharing. :-P KIDDING!!! --Hope he feels better. No, really!
I asked MULTIPLE questions of my husband about the Retreat, but it's tedious non-rewarding work to pry anything out of him. I get tidbits but it's very frustrating. I wish Chris Clarkson would have been there, then I could have just called him and I would have heard EVERYTHING that went on! HA!
Ha! I wonder if he shared those oreos I bought him?? LOL.
He said the pain felt like when he had food poisoning which ended in an ambulance trip @ 3:00am that time. So the prayers of the guys worked this time. He also has diverticulitus and he told me the menu the camp provided..most of which would kill him at home anyway. (This jalepeno/garlic/onion lover has to cook with no spices for him.)I have an iron clad stomach, but Mike doesn't. What makes him deathly ill may only slow me down.
Mike liked Bro. Smith's class and the cartoons. I asked him did he learn how to "understand his wife better"? ;) From what I gather so far...they all came to the agreement that women can't be understood...they are so complex...so husbands just need to love them, hug them and say "I understand" even when they don't??
hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha!
I told him, if they really want to understand their wives, maybe they should invite a woman to speak next time. Ha!
Mike wants me to read over the statistics packet Bro. Campbell handed out about Evangelism and was telling me something about Bro. Hawkins leadership class that I didn't quite catch all of last night.
Mike tells things in spurts. You just have to wait for the entire story.
However, he is very glad he attended, said it was the best ever and was real impressed with each teacher/preacher. He praises the great job Retreat Directors, Bro. Barnes & Bro. Gillens have done.
Brother Mike tells the story in "spurts" and Brother Smith tells it in sorry little "drip" . . . . "drip" . . . . . . "drip" . . . . . --you get the idea. Drives me NUTS! I would die of old age before I get "the whole story" out of him. But he DID say the Retreat was very good and he enjoyed it a lot.
Ha! You poor thing. I do get tired of playing "20 questions" with Mike...but this time, he's forked over info without me asking.
Sis Smith,
Please tell Bro Smith how much I enjoyed his class and how I appreciate him. I felt like I had died and went to Heaven (Thank God).
I didn't talk to him much he is a very much in demand kind of guy and his story telling always enlightening and fun. Please keep us in your prayers and God Bless.
BTW...that was Mike above.
Post a Comment