Making Hospital Rounds

Ever since I've come home from Ladies Retreat (which I forgot to take pix of...I'll have to steal them from someone else I guess)...we've been doing hospital rounds or I've been teen sitting.

I left Retreat, ate at Cracker Barrel and Mike met me at the hospital to see my cousin's daughter after her surgery. We got there in time to pray with her before they transported her to Children's Hospital for more tests. She stayed there a week, but I never got to visit again because I was more needed to spend the evenings with her sister while their parents were at the hospital and working.

By Friday, we were in a hospital waiting room with some friends, but we were not able to see the person who had the heart attack because he was in ICU in a coma. The Lord took him home on Monday morning.

We thought that we would have three hospitals to visit Monday night, but one passed away that morning and my cousin's daughter was released that morning also. (although released earlier, she had went back into hospital over the weekend.)

Sunday night, one of our church members requested prayer for a member of his family and we visited her in the hospital Monday night. Jaclyn is 19 years old and from what I understand has lung cancer. We were able to visit and pray with her and her father. We didn't find out until then that her mother was also in the hospital in serious condition two floors down. We dropped by her room, but she was asleep and we didn't want to wake her up. We will try to visit with her again. The young lady was weak, but positive of being a Christian and trusting the Lord to divinely heal her, either on earth or in the heaven. Pray for Jaclyn.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick. Hope you're feeling better.

Tammy Washburn said...

Thanks. The Lord did take away the stabbing pain after the prayer chain prayed Monday AM. (I couldn't breath deep or roll over without pain.) I'm still sore. Thot it could be anything from a pulled muscle, pleurisy, gall bladder or kidney's. I think I've settled on diverticulitus..(probably from eating almonds, pickles and mexican food all in one week!) The planets aligned I guess. Back at work for a little bit today.