Rowenta Pro Compact Model Garment Steamer
I don't iron much. I hang my dress clothes up to dry and if anything needs ironing, I usually spritz them and throw them in the dryer for 10 minutes....and only touch them up with an iron if needed. Only problem is my stumbling down the stairs first thing in the morning half asleep! Hubby always irons his own clothes because he likes them done "a certain way". (I had to talk him out of creasing his jeans when we first got married! :)
I was at a clothing store and watched them steam a whole rack of skirts. I came home and steamed some clothes with Dustin's fancy-schmantsy iron he couldn't take on the airplane. Except the iron is much too heavy. (I've been the queen of the cheap irons...Dustin had bought a fancier & more expensive one.)
I didn't want a travel size steamer...and then I decided that I didn't want the rolling, 1 gallon water steamer with the hanger pole because it would be too big to haul to the Assembly, Youth Camp, & Retreats.
Although you can't toss this in a suitcase (I'll get one of those later), this one is easily used, stored & filled...and can be easily transported to those events in a small tote bag.
We went visiting at the hospital tonight and out to eat...so I opened the box and steamed my clothes in nuttin' flat. No danger of scorches or shiny places on my clothes. (Oh...it also has a "creasing" attachment.) Very Cool.
3 comments:
Oh, my goodness! You've returned in a BIG WAY! I need to subscribe to your blog so I know when you've posted again. I'm just used to using Becki's blog as my indicator, but with you being private I guess it doesn't show up.
I want my blinker to reflect my true intentions. (Sister Bishop calls them "flippers." HAHAHAHAHAHA!)
I have a Tobi garment steamer with the pole, but you can remove the water reservoir thingie and carry it with the shoulder strap to work on draperies, or whatever you may need to do that would require more mobility. I really like it. Brother Smith still wants a little compact one to take on trips. I still iron most everything, though--especially shirts.
All this stuff happened DURING the time my blog was shut down. I decided to put it on here for diary purposes. (I forgot to take pix of Ladies Retreat.)
I didn't see a steamer that did that! They only had a few at Bed Bath & Beyond.
hahahahaha~ so true. You forgot "spit" all over our clothes...(but that's not what Dustin called it.)
But THAT'S because ya'll dropped them all the time. (okay...I dropped them.:) That's why I bought cheap ones....plus we needed like three of them when we all went to camp.
Post a Comment