New Kitchen Table

We have a very small kitchen area, so the typical round / rectangle table is just too big. We did look at smaller metal glass top tables, but we didn't want it to look like patio furniture. We've looked at many stores and the cost was always around $700 for a table set...IF we could find one we liked...BUT I WASN'T going to pay THAT much for a little table!!!

We passed a furniture store tent sale on Saturday & dashed in on a whim and found a counter height almost-square table we liked. (pub table height). The picture below doesn't do it justice. It's much prettier in person. (and matches my leather sofas.) It's 35-1/2 inch by 31-1/2 inch. It's very sturdy....which is very difficult to find. (I will however, probably change the silver trim to black or pewter...depending on the chairs I find.)

Only Mike & I are left at home now. One set of kids are 10 1/2 hours to the West and one kid is 14 hours to the East (and later thousands of miles away). My Mom & Dad visit 1-2 times a year. Other than that, it's just us. So the smaller almost square table is perfect for us and leaves us more room in the kitchen. (We are going to put a glass topper on it.)


Yeah, it's more modern.....BUT...what's NEATO about the table is....(you'll have to click on the link below to get an idea of it, but still the pix doesn't do it justice at all.)

http://www.smartbargains.com/popup/sb/prod_zoom_flash.aspx?prodId=3058485423&ImagePath=3058485423_ZM_RS&prodName=Napoli+Dark+Cherry+Extendable+Pub+Table&prodColor=


...that the top slides half way to one side....then the leaf underneath (which you can see in the pix above) slides the opposite direction and then pops up to make one long table that seats 6-8! (63" long) It's bigger than my old rectangle table. So when I have guests, we'll have a bigger table!

Cool!

AND THE BEST THING!!!!

I ONLY PAID $67.00 FOR THE TABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I need a good sale on leather counter height chairs.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Cool beans! (I used to have a friend you used that expression all the time. --I'd recommend you heated the beans before setting them on your lah-di-dah new table). ;-) Congrats on such a great deal!
BTW, I sent out acceptance letters to BTI students today but since I don't have any applications from you guys, I didn't send anything to your address. :-(

Tammy Washburn said...

Uh.....I'll try to get them in! We're comin'!!!