Since this blog is more private...I'm going to climb on my soapbox. :)
First: This is not directed to ANYONE in particular but to The Church of God in general. I have been feeling this way for a looooong time and the situation just seems to get worse as time goes on.
However....in my humble opinion...
The Church of God members need to get out of and stay out of politics.
I'm fortunate that my local church doesn't talk politics...if they do, I never hear it.
Everyone tells me that "Christians need to be involved in the political process."
Satan has lured Christians from their true purpose, and is now luring The Church of God from hers, by convincing them that political action is an answer.
My humble opinions:
1. Use the vote that you have been given and cast it. Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. Your right to vote was purchased by sacrifice. However, after the vote is cast, then participation as The Church of God members in politics needs to drastically reduce.
2. Let the "kingdom christians" dabble in politics if they wish. The Bride, The Church of God doesn't have the time for such things. Jesus gave us instructions to build the Kingdom and perfect The Body....not to build a political machine. We don't have time to dabble in the strife that politics engenders.
3. Guess what. On judgment day, there will be plenty of people who say, "Lord, Lord! I was a Republican/Libertarian and cast out many Democrats in your name!" Ha! And the Lord will still say, "Depart from me, I never knew you." God doesn't care about "Causes, Politics or Parties". He only cares if we serve HIM. We need to be very careful with what CONSUMES us.
4. How can we win anyone to Christ by spouting political rhetoric or ill-mannered jokes? We must be the lifeline to ALL people. We cannot look upon people as "conservative / liberal"..."Republican / Democrat/ Whatever". We must SEE people in need of a Saviour.
The fact is: NO ONE...(no NOT one) has ever been won to the Lord by preaching politics. However, many are being lost because of our attitudes & preaching politics.
5. We may preach against watching "American Idol" or other shows on television...but frankly, we should also carefully warn about a constant diet of Fox News (along with any other networks...political radio, books, etc.).
6. Dangerously, the democratic process has entered into The Church of God. I have watched Members discussing upcoming Assemblies like we have "the right" to walk up there and institute change. What???
A man once told me (non-TCOG ) that he was waiting for the man/men who would rise up and lead this nation...and "the church" into righteousness. I told him that the man he is looking for has already come and has already given His life. This nation has already rejected Him...and increasingly what he calls "the church" has rejected him also. The "man" who will attempt what he so desires will be the coming anti-christ. How easily will the world be fooled!
The plans and politics of men will fail. God's Word and purposes will be accomplished no matter who holds political office (be he saint or demon).
This world's and The Church of God's history has already been written and sealed in God's Word and there will be no deviation from it.
I wish to be found working for the Lord...not politics.
Just my thots on the matter....you don't have to agree. ;-P
2 comments:
IMO . . . I agree. ;-)
Not many people do. :)
Post a Comment