Thanks Mom!

When I was a little girl, my mom was my Sunday School/Children's Church Teacher. One Sunday she was teaching about Adam and Eve. After teaching an excellent lesson with chalkboard illustration (I now have the felt version!) of the two roads we could choose...sin or Jesus....she handed me the apple and asked me to bite into it.

Ha! After THAT lesson I wasn't touching that apple! Took me a long time to eat an apple again. haahahahahaha

But Mom sparked in me the love for Bible teaching and teaching with props (let's call them "accessories" :) I remember a lot of lessons she taught (and now own the book) about the Old Testament Patriarchs, Christian Stewardship and Worship.

Later in life, I would watch her study for her Sunday School and BTI lessons, and occasionally I joined in the conversations about the lessons she was studying for. Then I would sit and listen to her teach with a Bible and her BTI/SS commentaries. With those two items she would teach with amazing depth regarding God, Jesus, being a Christian and the divine revelation of The Church of God.

With this Mom sparked in me the love of deep Bible doctrine and The Church of God. She always knew she was called to teach and holds a Teacher's Ministers License. My parents hold the first and second numbered Teacher's Ministers Licenses when the Church first offered it years ago.

My daughter recently mentioned to me how great a teacher Grandma is. I told her, "Yes, I know. I want to be like her when I grow up."

Thanks Mom. I deeply appreciate and love you. Thank you for your prayers and my heritage.

Happy Mother's Day!

(Oh, if you haven't received your card today...it's in the mail and may come on Monday...which is the same thing Dustin told me over the phone today....so that means I'm the "son" you never had! hahahahhahahha! The card explains it all.)

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Sweet. I wish your Mom had been my teacher when I was little. ;-) Or even NOW! :-)

Tammy Washburn said...

And....she is an impeccable housekeeper and a great cook. Of course, I already know I didn't inherit those genes!