A few years ago, I was able to accompany my husband to Cocoa Beach, FL on his business trip. While he conducted training classes during the day, I was free to tour the town. Upon arrival, I was told that the missile launch to Mars would take place at 7:00 the next morning. I wasn't sure if I would be up in time to watch, but decided that I might try.
The next morning, I turned on the the newscast and they said the launch was delayed until 7:30, so I decided to quickly get ready and head to the beach. At the last minute, I turned to the Nasa channel and heard monotone technical language I did not understand, but did hear words like "system stop gap" over and over again.
As I walked on the beach, I realized I had the wrong shoes on, forgot my sunglasses, and something to sit on. After waiting a while, I decided I should have brought something to read and probably some lotion for my nose and a hat. By the time 8:45 rolled around, all the watchers on the beach realized that the launch had been cancelled.
The next morning, I decided to be prepared. I wore the right shoes and packed a little plastic bag with all the things that I had forgotten the day before. Before 7:00, I turned on the news to hear the launch time which was set at 7:45 that morning. Since I had plenty of time, I flipped channels and briefly watched another show. At 7:20, I flipped the channel to the Nasa channel and heard different words. The monotone technical language was still there, but instead I heard "systems go....systems go...systems go."
Realising the launch was imminent, I grabbed my bag and dashed out the door. As I headed down the trail to the beach, I could see other people running and others gazing at the sky. When I got to the beach, I kept my eye on the sky...but only glanced down for a second to lay my bag down on the sand. When I looked back up...there it was....a shining bright light arcing its way into the clear blue sky above me.
I was much better prepared that day, but I almost missed the launch! If I had only listened to the world's news channel, I would have missed the event. However, I fortunately had tuned into the Nasa channel and heard the truth from the official source. The launch had been delayed for two days, but when the final count down started, it was "all systems go."
Something was different at the General Assembly this year. There was a unity, I've never seen or felt before. I felt that the Holy Ghost set all systems on "GO" and we were commanded to "RUN"!
10.....9......8.....7.....
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1 comment:
Even so, come Lord Jesus!
Post a Comment