We have purchased two tickets to Denver!! We'll go to Colorado the Tuesday morning before Ladies Retreat and tour around the area. Then Mike will drop me off and have a couple of days to himself. Then we'll drive back to Denver on Sunday after the retreat and fly home on Monday morning. Yeah!!
7 comments:
Yay!!! I'm so glad you both get to come. How fun!
Yay!!!! We hope to quickly see (snow allowing) Rocky Mt. Ntl. Park...the beautiful winding road tour we've been told about (?)...maybe the Royal Gorge. (I may obviously not realize distances there.)
If snow is on the ground...then we'll find a pretty place to sit and admire the view. Maybe we'll find a bunny slope and an inner tube.
While I'm at the retreat, my husband loves to wander around and see whatever there is to see...he just needs to remember not to get carried away and stay in the state of CO! (We will rent a 4 wheel drive and a GPS!)
James says when you get to Denver on Tuesday you need to head toward Estes Park and see Rocky Mountain National Park up there. It is truly gorgeous, and the elk population is incredible. Royal Gorge is pretty close to where the Retreat is. In fact it's on the route between the Retreat location and Denver. :-) It will be a GREAT trip--I know you'll love it. I'm going to say something TOTALLY different than I would have said just a month or two ago: DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT MOVING TO COLORADO--YOU FOLKS BELONG IN ALABAMA!!!!! ;-)
hahahahhahahhahhahahahhahahahahaha!
You made us burst out laughing Sis. Becki!
But what if we FALL IN LOVE with Colorado!!! LOL!!
Thanks for the trip advice.
Also, the first and foremost reason for my trip is for the Ladies Retreat, not the scenic tour. We love to travel, but I love to bask in the presence and will of God most of all. I am diligently studying on the topic and will fast and pray for the Lord's blessings to be poured out on us there. I'm just a beginner preacher who has never been a retreat evangelist before! (teacher, but not evangelist) I need your prayers more than anything and am going to have faith that God will fill in where I am lacking.
You said, "But what if we FALL IN LOVE with Colorado!!!"
I say, "So what if you do?!?!?"
Like THAT means anything?! I've loved Colorado all my life, but that doesn't mean I get to live there. I've lived in Texas and New Mexico and now will be in Alabama. Falling in love with Colorado has nothing to do with it being or not being God's will for you to live there. :-)
It's like this: if God chooses to take you to Colorado (or elsewhere) I know you'll be a great blessing to the folks there and I would be SO happy for them--and for you, too. There is no better place--and certainly no better people--in all the world. BUT PLEASE DON'T LEAVE FOR AT LEAST A FEW MONTHS!!! Ha! You're, like, one of the three people that I kind-of-sort-of know in Alabama--you can't bail on me until I have a little time to get my feet under me, okay?! ;-)
So glad that Mike gets to go with you and that you are taking a few days to see some sights...it really is a beautiful place and Bec is right...the Estes Park area is breath-taking!
I don't know how anyone could not LOVE the Colorado scenery! Breathtaking! The weather here in TN has been breathtaking this summer--but not in a good way. ;-)
Post a Comment