"Get to" or "Got to"?

Have you ever woke up on Sunday morning and felt tired or worn out , and you think
I’ve “ GOT “ to go to church?

You might have felt this way this morning…… I’ve GOT to go to the convention.

Or you are sitting around….it’s late and you realize:
I haven’t “GOT” time to pray today. I’m just too tired.

Or we go about our busy day’s and we don’t stop and read our Bible
We may have thought during this time of frustration:
I’ve have “GOT’ to read the Bible.

Or lets say we’re at church and the offering plate is being passed around and you think…. I’ve “GOT” to give money to Missions….(again)

Or we come into the house of God and we feel:
I’ve “GOT” to stand and sing and participate in service, I don’t feel like it.

We wouldn’t want GOD TO SAY…..????

Oh, I’ve GOT to save your children….(BUT I’m just too tired today).

I’ve GOT to heal your mother’s cancer. (I’ll GET to it later).

I’ve GOT to provide a job for your husband. (Well, I’ll just skip that for now.)

OH NO!!!!

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. Isa 40:28

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. 2Ch 16:9

It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail
not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. Lam 3:22 -23


It’s not that we’ve “ GOT “ to do anything ,
It’s that we “GET “ to.

A few years back, we were having a revival at our local church and several of us HAD to attend a mandatory (one of those “Got to’s) annual Home School meeting. All during the meeting, all three of us were “chomping at the bits” for the meeting to be over so we could GET to go to the revival.

The other parents were looking at us funny because we were obviously anxious to leave and asked…. “WHERE do you have to go?”

“To Church!” we replied excitedly.

“Why? Couldn’t you just miss it for one night?” they asked.

“No!” We replied….WE MIGHT MISS SOMETHING!!!!

We “GET “ to go to church:
I was GLAD when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD. Psa 122:1

We “GET “ to pray to the Almighty God .
Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. Psa 55:17

We GET the privilege to read the holy INSPIRED – GOD BREATHED word of God
All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O LORD, when they hear the words of thy mouth. Psa 138:4

We “ GET ‘ many opportunity to give back to the Lord…
especially through our offerings.

Giving back to our God is an opportunity & a privilege, NOT a chore….
Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts. 9 O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth. Psa 96:8-9

You know….I don’t think I’ve ever heard a Christian sigh…..

Oh, I’ve “ GOT “ to go to Heaven.

WE “GET “ to go to heaven!!!!!!!!!!

AND WE DON’T WANT TO MISS IT!!!

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I'm so excited I GET TO go to the AL Convention this weekend, then I GET TO stay for the revival in Bessemer. :-) I'm so excited I GET to serve the Lord! Great is the LORD and greatly to be praised!!!

Tammy Washburn said...

Yeah! Hurrah! Yippee!!

I'm glad you GET TO COME TOO!!!!

I'm sad I'll miss the revival, but am so excited to get to go to Ladies Retreat in Colorado!