Christmas Eve

Went to Waffle House for breakfast because the cupboards were bare and we needed to go shopping for Christmas dinner anyway. Didn't want to fight the crowds at Cracker Barrell and ole Waffle House is in my neighborhood right across from Winn Dixi. Bought plenty of cleaning supplies at Dollar General and food from Winn Dixi. Came home and have been cleaning all day and catching up on laundry. I'm glad that I'm pain free and flu free today!! yeah!!

Mike leaf blowed the yard today....ya know...just in case...we get a "DUSTING" of snow on Christmas day. We don't want any leaves peeking out ya know! Ha! Since I stepped out and washed my glass front door in short sleeves, I don't think we'll be seeing any snow tomorrow, dusting or otherwise. :) However, a firetruck with Santa sitting on top passed in front of our house, sirens & horns and all. We could hear them go through every sub-division around us. He must have gotten a head start in Alabama with escort...just in case we got a BLIZZARD tonight!!!

We spoke to Dustin on skype in South America. He did get our present yesterday in time for Christmas and we got mine from him. Ole' Dad's is still floating around on a UPS truck probably. Ha! Also got to talk with Haley a bit. Such nice treats!

Alaena is in Alabama, but spending Christmas with her in-laws in Collinsville. She and Chris will be back on Sunday or Monday and spend the rest of the week with us. Since I was sick this week, it all worked out well.

I'll cook a turkey breast (we only like white meat) and other stuff and Mike will go get his mother and bring her over to our house. Then we'll take her home and probably go visit Karla (if the hospital will let us) and then visit my cousin and her family. Then church on Sunday.

If we are BLIZZARD FREE! Ha!

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I personally think all the "blizzard forecast" stuff is just to make us feel better. I think it's all a lie. I'm definitely not getting my hopes up. But . . . IF my lawn were to be white Saturday night or Sunday morning I would be tickled to death!
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. I'm glad you got to skype with Dustin. We should get set up to do that with our kids. That would be fun. And a late Christmas with Alaena is better than no Christmas with her. ;-)

Tammy Washburn said...

Since you live further north, their talking INCHES! All ole James Spann (meteorologist)will give us is a "dusting"..."maybe".
I don't believe it either, but everyone is hoping for their first White Christmas. Everybody will go absolutely giddy if they see SOME white stuff on Christmas day! A Christmas Miracle!!!! The kids down here can scrape up a 3 foot snowman out of a 1/4 inch of snow! Ha!

That's how we feel about it. Mike and I are very flexible when it comes to holidays and traditions. :)