Watch this to see a great testimony!
------------------------
------------------------
------------------------
Movie Reviews:
One Night with The King
I was flipping channels last night and ran across what must have been "One Night With The King". I tuned in right before Haddassa got kidnapped. I was hoping the entire hour that the movie would take a turn for the better, but was disappointed, thus wasting an hour I should have been in bed sleeping.
It really...really irritates me when they don't stay true to the Bible account. We know that Hollywood took many liberties with the "Ten Commandments" movie, but you would think that supposed "christian" movie makers would at least stay truer to the scriptures. They must have used the "Not Inspired Version" I guess. Disapointing to say the least.
Forget the movie, read The Good Book. : )
------------------------
The Bucket List:
A few weeks ago, I also watched the movie on T.V., "The Bucket List" I had heard about. Well parts of it anyway. I felt it promoted selfishness and devalued marriage. Supposedly the man who has the most adventures (with or without money) lives the best life and is valued the most.
But as we say in Texas: "Hogwash". ;-) One thot about the Bucket List theory: Remember, only those things that are done for Christ will last. It's nice to travel and do things if the Lord wills, but why would we be worried about doing all these "things" BEFORE we die. During the Millenial Reign and for Eternity thereafter, all the beauties of this World and the New World to come will be ours to behold and enjoy....without airport delays, money shortages, or Montezuma's revenge. : ) Death isn't the end. It's only the beginning. Do all you can for God now...so you can have it all for eternity. Another forget the Movie, read The Good Book. :)
4 comments:
Sweet video. :-D "Halle-youla!"
P.S. - never heard of the Bucket List. Didn't feel real great about One Night With the King
Halle-Youla!!! I love that little girl! Too bad we all don't get that excited when the Lord heals us.
One Night with the King either simply ignored scripture or ran off the opposite direction. I hate supposedly "christian" movies that decide to rewrite the Bible...which is one reason I haven't watched "Passion of the Christ". But then, ONWTK was broadcast on TBN. ;-p
There are numerous reasons why I haven't watched, and don't intend to ever watch, the Passion of Christ.
I don't remember exactly WHY I didn't like One Night--I just remember the "feeling" I got--it wasn't a GOOD feeling.
Post a Comment