I wondered what the Horne's thought when all the kids took a mad dash outside when business conference was announced.
Sis. Kristal asked me if I thot Sis. Becky would allow the Horne children to go outside too. I said, "probably not" since I figured they wanted to "teach their children about church business" but "had never sat through a Bessemer Business Conference before". Ha!
Two hours later.......Sis. Horne came down the aisle with her children in tow...mouthing the words..."you people are crazy". I followed her outside and asked, "it took you this long to figure that out?" hahahahhahha
I told that we would normally wish to teach our children about church business... but we can't torture them with it, or they'll never conduct business again!! LOL.
I think they still went on another 15-30 minutes. I think this was our all time record!...somebody call the Guiness Book of World Records!
Ha! If only James would allow me, I would wear that shirt with great pride. ;-) As it is, he just read your comment above and asked, "Did you really mouth that?!?!?" HA! I do have the greatest respect for Church business and for the men who conduct it. I just have physical and mental limitations that hinder me from enjoying 2+ hours of it right in a row. ;-)
Tell Bro. Horne not to hold it against you. (we are crazy). You are a part of us now and you are allowed to think it. hahahahhahaha! Us women thought it was hilarious and TOTALY agreed 100%
I am perfectly content for the men to conduct business and glad God made it that way. There just comes a time when you wish you had brought 2 cars to church. LOL!
Over two hours??? *shaking head* I only knew one other pastor who could accomplish that feat, but I only heard about it second hand. He was never MY pastor. I'd say anybody who endures a local conference that long DESERVES a t-shirt, or a medal of some sort, or an ice cream cone--SOMETHING! There ought to be a prize! Is there any hope of the men reading this commentary and feeling enough shame and embarrassment to never let this sort of travesty happen again??? I know the women are supposed to silently pray during the Conference. I'm pretty sure my prayer would have morphed into begging God to make it quit! HA!
It wasn't the Pastor's fault. There was quite a bit of old and new business to discuss, but the problem seems to be in the "details / ways & means" of each round of point of business. The men are "very careful". We are blessed with a good budget and the men are very careful not to waste it and to be good stewards of it. Which is why we are able to pay down the mortgage and send someone to Swaziland.
The solution has now been suggested: "Have a men's meeting before church and discuss the details so that they will already be known during conference.
5 comments:
I wondered what the Horne's thought when all the kids took a mad dash outside when business conference was announced.
Sis. Kristal asked me if I thot Sis. Becky would allow the Horne children to go outside too. I said, "probably not" since I figured they wanted to "teach their children about church business" but "had never sat through a Bessemer Business Conference before". Ha!
Two hours later.......Sis. Horne came down the aisle with her children in tow...mouthing the words..."you people are crazy". I followed her outside and asked, "it took you this long to figure that out?" hahahahhahha
I told that we would normally wish to teach our children about church business... but we can't torture them with it, or they'll never conduct business again!! LOL.
I think they still went on another 15-30 minutes. I think this was our all time record!...somebody call the Guiness Book of World Records!
Ha! If only James would allow me, I would wear that shirt with great pride. ;-) As it is, he just read your comment above and asked, "Did you really mouth that?!?!?" HA! I do have the greatest respect for Church business and for the men who conduct it. I just have physical and mental limitations that hinder me from enjoying 2+ hours of it right in a row. ;-)
Mike said, "he didn't enjoy 2 hours either".
Tell Bro. Horne not to hold it against you. (we are crazy). You are a part of us now and you are allowed to think it. hahahahhahaha! Us women thought it was hilarious and TOTALY agreed 100%
I am perfectly content for the men to conduct business and glad God made it that way. There just comes a time when you wish you had brought 2 cars to church. LOL!
Over two hours??? *shaking head* I only knew one other pastor who could accomplish that feat, but I only heard about it second hand. He was never MY pastor. I'd say anybody who endures a local conference that long DESERVES a t-shirt, or a medal of some sort, or an ice cream cone--SOMETHING! There ought to be a prize! Is there any hope of the men reading this commentary and feeling enough shame and embarrassment to never let this sort of travesty happen again??? I know the women are supposed to silently pray during the Conference. I'm pretty sure my prayer would have morphed into begging God to make it quit! HA!
LOL! We'll book an ice cream party next Sunday!
It wasn't the Pastor's fault. There was quite a bit of old and new business to discuss, but the problem seems to be in the "details / ways & means" of each round of point of business. The men are "very careful". We are blessed with a good budget and the men are very careful not to waste it and to be good stewards of it. Which is why we are able to pay down the mortgage and send someone to Swaziland.
The solution has now been suggested: "Have a men's meeting before church and discuss the details so that they will already be known during conference.
Post a Comment