Domestic
(I have no clue why Blogger won't keep my paragraph breaks!!) I have taken 2 days off this week to spring clean. I have been sick with various problems for a year now and am beginning to feel better. Along with conventions, etc., the house has suffered and needed a top to bottom deep cleaning, which you cannot accomplish just on a Saturday.................... So I told my employer I needed 3 days in a row (Thur/Fri/Sat) to get some things done. He looked at me and said, "That's four days." (counting Sun.) I said, "Sundays don't count. I work on Sundays." He said, "I thought Sunday was a day of rest."....I said, "Tell that to God, 'cause He works me to death on Sundays.". :)............... Thursday: Fixed Mike some eggs and toast for breakfast and then pork chops for lunch. I did the usual overall surface cleaning / straightening up / organizing / vacuming that I normally accomplish on a Saturday................... Friday: Told Mike he could eat cereal for breakfast. Ha! However, I had a roast in the crock pot and we needed to eat lunch early so he only needed a small breakfast. :) I had Mike buy me a new step ladder so I could reach the top of the cabinets without dangerously perching on a chair. I took down all my nicknacks in the kitchen and one bathroom and washed them clean and sparkly. Then I washed the tops of the cabinets because dust collects up there and I wasn't able to do that last year. The kitchen cabinets especially likes to collect dust and grease up there. I've decided that I really hate that job, so I have lined the tops of the cabinets in both rooms with white kitchen garbage bags. You can't see them from below, but next time that job needs to be done, I'll just throw away those bags and put up new ones. Invention is the mother of necessity.................... :) I am now exhausted from climbing a step ladder all day long!!!!!!!!!!!! While high up on the step ladder, I was praying (not about falling and possibly breaking my neck) and start weeping (dangerous I know). Mike came when he got off the phone and asked me what was wrong! I was just talking to God about my problems and fears and how I want live for Him................................. Tomorrow: Mike will take me out to breakfast. :) and then we'll look at some stone for the front of the house. Then I'll come home and make sure the ceiling fan(s) are cleaned and the floors are done. I still have laundry and my office to clean and finishing touches on Children's Church to accomplish....................... Three days were great, but really not enough. I needed a week!!! I've already told my employer that I need two days off next week. Mike wants me to do it again the following week. After that, I'm going to try to take Fridays off from now on. Dustin told us that he will be here the week before BTI and will go up to BTI with us. So that means that I now want three weeks off during that time. I will introduce my employer to a "Temp. Agency" or quit. Either way is fine with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Doesn't it make you feel good to do some real cleaning AND cook meals? It does me! My house has suffered because of all the time I've spent at the office the last few months, plus we've been gone every weekend. I'm feeling VERY worn out and nearing the end of my rope. Something's got to give. If I don't work for HQ, I don't have travel money to accompany my husband on trips (like going to Africa next week), but if it's detrimental to my health and mental well-being, is it worth it? I'm seriously considering asking Brother Dupre to get another secretary. I NEED to spend more time at home. I'm a "keeper at home" first and foremost. Well, at least I'm supposed to be, and I WANT to be. I have SO MANY things I can do from my home, but haven't had the time.
You pray for me, and I'll pray for you. God has an answer for each of us. I need to find HIS answer and not just try to reason it out. I try to get my husband to make these decisions for me, but he usually just says he'll support my decision. I'm still going to ask him to make this one, and hope he'll not leave it up to me.
Right at this very moment I can't say that all this cleaning has made me "feel good". Ha! I'm EXHAUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I only have 2 rooms scrubbed top to bottom. The laundry is waiting on me...the bedrooms are crying out for my attention. I won't even look in the basement. Now tomorrow is Sunday and it'll all have to wait.
Monday I go back to work to get some REST!
However....yes...it will be nice to wake up to a totally clean kitchen tomorrow. Now if I could get Mike to eat out every meal it could stay clean!!!
Okay, I'm more a "keeper IN the home" and less a "keeper OF the home when it comes to cooking. hahahahhahahaha!
You noticed the downward progression in my post about breakfast didn't you? I cooked the first day. Made Mike fend for himself the second day with cereal. Got him take ME out to eat today. HA! However, he loved going to the Original Pancake House for breakfast and thought it was all his idea!
There is the problem. Work and have money to travel. Don't work and you have time to be domestic, but no money to travel. The struggle is always time versus money. They very rarely exist in the same realm. LOL.
Post a Comment