My Weekend

We attended the AL Northern District Convention in Moulton this past Saturday.  I actually think this was the best one out of all three Conventions.  Because Sis. Riddlespurge was on a grand adventure to a California Convention with Sis. Bishop, I also did her WMB Boost.  (which was scheduled right after mine with a song intervening).  I was actually less nervous during her boost, then I was doing mine since she left me all her notes.  But she can have her job back! Bro. Grimes offered to let me wear his CPMA tie if I did his CPMA boost :-) and the Bro. Wallace offered to let me do VLB's, but I just "nanny-nanny booed" them because I was all finished for the day and could enjoy the rest of the convention!  They still had to be nervous because their boosts were in the afternoon session.

After the convention, we drove up to Chattanooga and took Chris out to eat at Steak N Shake while Alaena was working, then drove around and tried to find a hotel room to sleep in.  Evidently, it was the weekend when all spring breakers in the world were travelling home.  Chattanooga and the surrounding towns (including Cleveland) must be the crossroads to everywhere.  We could have slept at Alaena's apartment on the blow up bed...Ha!...and I wasn't going to steal her comfy bed from the hard working gal.  We finally found a room in Hixon @ the Quality Inn and very soon after that they were sold out.  The bed was comfy and the room was clean, but I don't understand the new concept of indoor hotels having no elevator.  This is the second one I've stayed in with no elevator.  At $90+ per night, frankly, I'm expecting an elevator!  But really, we were just glad we got a room.

Sunday morning, we all attended The Church of God in Tunnell Hill, GA. The church is located in a small store front and Bro. & Sis. Hargraves and the church people were very nice and welcoming.  Bro. Hargraves commented on the building and we told him that it is "trendy and hip in the denominational world" to have church in a store front. We assured them they were cool before they even knew it! Ha!

Quote from Bro. Hargraves message:
"Love demands responsibility.  Love demands submission and respect.  You cannot respect that which you ignore." 

After church we took the kids out to eat at a huge Chinese place, sent Alaena off to her job, and then went to Sam's Warehouse to get their own card and a few supplies.  Afterwards, I talked Mike into taking the shortest route home, even driving to make sure we took no detours.  He loves to wander up Look Out Mountain Parkway and possibly stop by and see relatives which gets us home 2-3 hours later than it should.  I was too tired from sitting on pews and car seats all weekend long, I just wanted to go to my own home, sit in my own tub and sleep in my own bed before I had to get to work this morning.  He was grumpy about it last night, but was bragging this morning about how much sleep he got since he went to bed at 7:30-8:00 last night...Why?  because I made sure we got home early!
  
Sis. Horne wanted me to post the pix of me being HC Queen, but I don't have the type of scanner that would let me do that. :-)  Too bad....Ha!

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Even though we were out of town, you guys would have been welcome to stay at our house! We could have given you the code to get in the garage door and you know where the bedrooms are at. Just let us know whenever you are near. You could have saved $90. Of course, we don't have an elevator either, but at least you wouldn't have to pay money to climb the steps. :-)

Tammy Washburn said...

Thanks for the offer! We wouldn't want to put anyone to any trouble because we chose not to sleep on a perfectly good blow up bed! Ha!

cokelady said...

I still think there has to be a way to post that picture. You know, I have--in a pinch--taken a picture of a picture so I could post it... ;-)

Tammy Washburn said...

Alaena has my camera in TN. Just so out of luck! ;-)