Yes, I scraped up some Christmas spirit and am decorating the house although decorating the church's humongous tree almost sapped it all out of me. LOL! ( I sound more terrible then I really am.) The Horne's said they wanted to see our new siding on the house, so I told them to come by on Saturday for lunch of chili & hot dogs served on fine paper china. I knew we'd have good fellowship, but I had an ulterior motive. I knew if we had applied pressure, Mike and I would would actually get some decor out of the basement. Also, I've needed my living room rearranged for some time now and this was the only way I could get the heavy furniture moved! Ha! So we spent Friday night moving furniture so that our small living room would accomodate a sofa, loveseat, piano, grandfather clock, television, christmas tree and an electric fireplace with wood mantle.
I was able to get the pre-lit tree up and only a few decorations on Saturday morning. I had forgotten I had 4+ boxes of stuff so it's going to take a few more days to go through it. One of the points of having the Horne's over also was to allow the poor Horne children to actually decorate a BIG Christmas Tree all by themselves, any way they wanted...and their Dad couldn't say a thing!!! Ha! I have been shaming Bro. Horne really good about his tree decorating method. You're supposed to have all sorts of homemade paper, popscicle stick, hand painted/glittered wooden ornaments all over your tree when you have kids. Especially when you homeschool!!
I think the boys tried a few ornaments but they couldn't handle the freedom, so they chickened out and would rather play "let's jump off the cliff and see if we can break a leg while rolling down the mountain" and catching lizards, scorpions and grasshoppers. Katie did the most decorating so I now have a girly white tree. Ha! I told them I wouldn't change much, but I had purchased REALLY BIG snowflakes and didn't remember how small my tree was, so I may have to move those to another area and just add to what Katie did. On Sunday, we hung simple wreaths with red bows over the new windows (that slide down from the top and tilt in!) and they are soooo cute! Now I have to go find the tiny little light bulbs that go with the window candles. But no, you're not getting any pictures because Blogger says that I've reached the limit. Oh well!
2 comments:
Thank you for giving my kids an opportunity to decorate. They could lose a hand around here for doing that. Ha!
We had such a great time at your house. Katie loves the toys, the boys love your cliffs and critters, and we love the company. --And the hot dogs, Frito pie, and deserts were all right up our alley!
Thank you!!!
--We'll have to drive by one of these days to look at your pretty wreaths. I LOVE wreaths in the windows. :-)
Come on by any time! I did find light bulbs (night light bulbs instead of the yellow "flame" ones) for the "vintage" candles in the windows....okay cheapo plastic ones. Enjoyed having ya'll over.
Post a Comment