First the Bad news....

Found out a couple of weeks ago that hubby's department is reducing and taking out the remote guys first. The other remote person had a different contract and they are now trying to change her contract so they can get rid of her in a few more months.  So by the end of March, Mike will either have had to find another job in the company and move to Kansas City, MO or find one here...or elsewhere.  Oh joy!  So I guess that wipes out Peru.   I'll never get to use my passport!!!  Mike is determined to get us to BTI for  tho'. :-)

On to better news!  We attended a great District Convention in our Southern Region last week!  Great Spirit and had two people join the church!!  These two ladies have been counciled by their indiv. Pastors for approx. a year now and they both decided they couldn't wait any longer.  Congrats to them and to Alex City and Goodwater churches!  One lady (evidently a former cogop minister), when we were giving her the right hand of fellowship asked me to "call her whenever we needed someone to hold a revival".   Puzzled, I said "okay" and welcomed her to The Church of God.  Later that day, she turned around in her pew and asked, "where do ya'll pastor?"  I told her "we didn't...just hard working members."  She thought we "looked like pastors".  (I was wearing my preacher black suit I guess. Ha!)  I told her that "we get that a lot."    lol!

This convention had so much serious preaching and boosts in it that I was real anxious about my Sunday School boost....which had a completely silly element to it.  (it's a lot more nerve wracking to be silly, than serious.)  However, since I was on right after lunch, it helped wake everyone up.  I really, really tried to come up with a SERIOUS boost,but it would never come together and I was afraid I was going to show up on Saturday with NOTHING!!! (which is my recurring nightmare!)  However, on Friday morning, I drove to work thinking about Donuts ;-) and it all snowballed from there to having real Krispy Kreme donuts as a prop (let everyone eat them AFTER convention), along with me making a donut puppet and doing my puppet voice and ending with a tear jerker donut story.  I had decided to do a training session to teach SS teachers how to reach the different learning styles, age groups and spiritual levels in their classroom.  Everyone said they liked it. Meet Dunkin. 


At least there were two other "not serious" boosts...One was our new CPMA Coord. Will Cox who replaced Bro. Grimes and was dressed like the "new sheriff" in town. And Sis. Horne did POETIC announcements for the Evening Light and Ladies Retreat. Too funny!


Other than that, I've been suffering with lower back pain and another physical issue, but have started to feel better the last couple of days.  Real busy at work, but have tried a couple of new recipes! 

This one was really, really good!

This one was good, but needed something.  I think BUTTER instead of Olive Oil.  Maybe some bread crumbs. I dunno.  I'll work on it.


4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

From the sound of the name, the missing ingredient in the "vegetable-tian" recipe was probably meat! HA!
So nice to see a new post from you. I've been missing you.
Sounds like a good Convention.
I'm sorry to hear about Brother Mike's job. God has SOMETHING in store. Who knows? Maybe that new lady that joined the Church is a prophetess and your new job will be pastoring? (Don't hit me!) ;-)

Tammy Washburn said...

Duck! Nope, Mike is the "preaching non-preaching" Deacon.

What kind of meat? Chicken? Maybe a little broth?

Tammy Washburn said...

I think I may try it with Canadian bacon. hmmm

Vicki Smith said...

After looking at the recipe, I'm thinking bacon, or Canadian bacon would be good. Extra cheese never hurts, either. ;-)