Note: I'm sharing my emotional breakdown here in print for the whole world to see so that in the future it will remind me to be a more sympathetic "prophet personality" in the future. Lesson learned. :-)
Okay, I didn't exactly cry in my salsa. :-) I just alternately cried and laughed over the phone with Sis. Horne and my mom and then Mike. (you do realise that the "preacher prophet" in me is totally disgusted with myself for all this weakness) Ha! (everyone who has been through the class knows what I am talking about. I don't consider myself a "prophet"...it's just a personality trait that probably gets me into a lot of trouble. :-)
I did get to eat lunch at Milo's with the hubby before he left and I watched him go through security at the airport. All during our trip to Peru I made him keep track of his passport, papers and tell him what to take off (belt, glasses, etc.) to go through the scanners. He would tell me,"I KNOW!!". This time I told him it would be easier if he put his wallet, change, belt in his carry on and just have to put his phone, glasses, computer and shoes in the bin, so he took my advice. He put his computer in the bin...then they motioned to him to take off his shoes, then the beeper went off and he pulled out his phone and he still went through the scanner with the glasses on, but they didn't set off the alarms. Ha! I AM VINDICATED!!!! Ha! Since travelling in airports is now his new job, I KNOW that he'll get the hang of this very soon and will travel very light in the very near future. Of course, finding my car in the parking deck was when I needed him! I had made note of the parking space (104) which was near the elevator, but had neglected to make note of the floor. I thought we were just one level above (we were), but for some reason I pressed the wrong button the first time and got a little confused. So there ya go....I help him keep track of his boarding passes and he helps me find my car. Perfect couple!
I tried to make believe that Mike was just going off to Men's Retreat, for which I am always estactic, even joking that I wish Men's Retreat was WEEK LONG, not just two days! (but I kept knowing in the back of my mind that it is going to be at least 3 weeks to a month before I see him again and 1 to 3 months until I can move out there too. Oh well, I'll keep pretending it's Men's Retreat for a week and then maybe I'll be rested up by then.
I went to the grocery store after work and bought all the stuff you buy when the hubster is going to Men's Retreat. When I got home, I had an invitation on my phone to come over to the Hornes and cry in their taco soup instead. Since it was already 7:00pm, I knew they had already eaten, so I called to thank them. I just want to thank Sis. Horne now for the sacrifice of her time and patience for having to deal with a big blubbering baby over the phone. Do you KNOW how hard it is to deal with a "prophet personality" who is having a total breakdown WITHOUT saying "I told you so" or "you so deserve this!" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! When she had me laughing again, I told her she better hang up quick before the water works started again. After that, my mom called and then Mike, who both assured me that it was all going to work out just fine. After that, I finally got to eat my salsa without anymore tears.
I'm blaming all this emotional upheaval on the lack of sleep and rest I've had for the past 12 days. When we left for Peru, we had already had late nights preparing, along with a Revival...then 24 hours straight of no sleep getting there...then a steady diet of 5:30 am to 12:00am days. (The 5:00-5:30 am wake up time was mine and Mike's choice to study and pray. The midnight or later sleep time was because we got out of church usually at 11:45pm) We ran along on excited energy until the very end...until we had 24 hours of no sleep on the way home. (or at least very little on the plane). When we got home, it's washing, packing to get Mike on the plane again and him saying goodbye to everyone. We both caught a sinus/head cold. I kept assuring God (can we do that?? HE doesn't need assurance!) that I wasn't crying because he was moving us to AZ...I was crying because.....I DON'T KNOW WHY!!" Half of me is excited about the new life change and the other half feels like a whirlwind just came down and sucked us up into chaos.
So THAT'S why I'm so over emotional. THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!!! LOL!
I'll get back to talking about Peru very soon. I have to prepare a slide show for next Wed. night for Missions so that will cheer me up and get me all excited again.
So enough of this emotional stuff! I'll toughen up like a good soldier...right after I email my ex-coworker and apologize to her for not sympathizing enough with her tears when she moved to GA last year. :-)
4 comments:
You didn't get to cry in the Taco Soup, but you can still come over some time like you like to do when Bro. Mike is gone.
Thank you Miss Katie. I'll come over and visit as much as I can (and torment Sam so he won't miss me so much. ;-) I'm gonna really miss you all.
Love you
~okay quit making cry!~
Your post made me smile. :-)
You can DEFINITELY use the lack of sleep as a cause for the emotional upheaval. You were running on adrenaline the whole time you were there. I got a LOT more sleep than you did. I don't know how you kept going. --It's no wonder you had a breakdown. ;-)Once you've had some quality rest you will raise up and be back to your old self, and you will soon be competently planning all the details of the move--and get it all done in record time. :-) A new life awaits you in Arizona. Say goodbye to humidity!
So does that mean I'm VINDICATED!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I'm soooooo glad I have a witness!!
You know...we were not tired in Peru. The Lord just gave us the energy to keep going. It was that plane ride back home that hit me hard.
Post a Comment