We're excited about Arizona and new adventures, but for now we're having to work through the tears. Everything has happened so fast, in such a whirlwind...we haven't been able to stop and catch our breaths. It all came crashing down on us yesterday and we had a bad day because Mike had to go tell his brother and the triplets goodbye. At 3 1/2, they sensed something wasn't right and begged him to spend the night with them. Me and my sister-in-law were in tears and we were late for church and I cried all the way to church and walked in crying where Katie immediately plunked Alien Antennae on our heads just like everyone else was wearing for the VLB service. Probably seeing me with Alien antennae and crying may have sucked some of the fun out of Sis. Horne's VLB program for a few minutes. Sorry about that. Mike is flying to AZ today. He drove me to work and went home to finish packing, then will come get me to take him to the airport. He told me we probably wouldn't have time to eat lunch together, so I told him I would go eat dinner at a Mexican Food restaurant and cry in my salsa. ;-) Anyone want to join me?
I'll get him upload a Spanish / English app on his iPhone and study the flash cards Sis. Horne gave him last night. He pronounced the colors on the cards all wrong and all day yesterday he had been butchering the song we heard in Peru "Estas Aqui". How hard is it to sing "Estas Aqui"???
I have tons of laundry to put away, clean my house and prepare for Sunday School and Children's Church this Sunday and Mission's Service on Wednesday. I will be trying to spend as much time with the triplets as possible and teach them all how to skype Uncle Mike before I leave. We could use some prayers. We feel like this is the Lord's will, but it is even harder than we thought it would be. I know all that the Western Region are just like family and we'll love them all the same, but we have to leave here first and it's very hard.
4 comments:
Like a wise man says, "God always pays for what He orders." He will give you grace to make the transition. It's okay to cry. In fact, it's probably healthy. This is a BIG change, and it has happened very quickly. It all probably seems like a dream, and not exactly real. There are many people praying for you guys, and God is directing your every step. Keep your eyes on Him. Before long you'll feel the excitement replacing the feeling of being overwhelmed and lost. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
I love you!
THANK YOU!!!
I love you too!
Thanks for your prayers and encouragement, especially on this Peru trip.
Mike was correct in saying, that we have an open door in AZ for you and Bro. Smith anytime.
WE CAN DO THIS!!! (repeat as often as necessary :-)
just think Sister Tammy u get to see me Ha! if you remember who i am
Sis. Janice...I TOTALLY remember who you are and am thrilled that I get to see you more. Just one of the BENEFITS of moving to your Region. Someone asked me if I would be lonely in AZ and I told them "no, because I know so many wonderful church folks out there that we won't be lonely for good company at all". I'm looking forward to the Regional Convention so I can reconnect with everyone again.
All my tears aren't for "moving to AZ"...they are for those I'm leaving behind and the actual craziness moving causes. But others have survived it before me and we will get settled in before we know it.
Post a Comment