AL Ladies Day

I have to thank Sis. Smith & Sis. Bishop for teaching and preaching. You just can't go wrong with these two ladies in the pulpit!!! I'll have to watch the DVD to hear Sis. Smith myself (I was in the back preparing the luncheon...somebody has to cook!), but I have received reports of how wonderful she was. I'll watch it tonight. I did get to sit and listen to Sis. Bishop and she too is wonderful as always.

The Theme was: Behold The Bridegroom Cometh. Here is the stage decor.


Thanks to Sis. Misti & Madison (Crazy Girl's 5 yrs old little decorator) for help in decorating for the Wedding reception (white tablecloths, crystal candlesticks and glass heart votives, tulle with pink rose petals and wedding bell/dove streamers hanging from the ceiling) and to Sis. Sheila for helping with cooking and everything else.

Sis. Smith won the prize (bucket of cleaning supplies) for sharing the most spot removing/cleaning tips during fun time. I have people requesting that she put them on her blog so we can print them out! We learned how to clean silver with toothpaste, copper with ketchup and how to clean your commode with a liter of cola!...and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now!

I got up at 5:30 that morning and arrived at the church at 7:00 am to start the soup in the crock pots and get the last minute details finished. Our menu was: Mixed greens salad with breaded chicken strips and choice of dressing & salad toppings. Cheddar Broccoli soup and Creamy Potato Soup with soft rolls and Milos (southern sweet) Tea. Wedding Cake for desert. (Hopefully someone got pictures of all that!). My hubby and another pastor served the tea to the ladies AND they cleaned up all the serving and cooking dishes!!

I finally left the church around 6:30 that evening and considered joining the party at Sis. Beth's house with all those silly ladies, but decided to go home and change. By the time I pulled into my driveway, I was basically "c-r-a-w-l-i-n-g" to my front door, so I collapsed on the couch instead. The spirit was willing, but the flesh was weak.

Sunday Night, we had some food we had not opened or cooked for Ladies Day and leftover soup, so myself and some other ladies cooked and prepared it to serve after church to raise money for March Missions. So basically I had bought, cooked and served food ALL WEEKEND LONG! But it was all worth it.

I felt the ladies of AL, TN & VA really enjoyed this time of fellowship and refreshing from the Lord! This is all I can remember for now, until I watch the DVD!

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Wow! The work that went into planning and executing the day was enormous, but I am sure that the wonderful feeling of seeing God work in the hearts of those there had to be just as satisfying for you, in spite of being exhausted. Praise the Lord for those who are willing to exhaust themselves to do His bidding.

Vicki Smith said...

Thank you SO MUCH for the invitation to your Ladies' Day. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I appreciate all the hard work that went into preparing and pulling it all off. You did a TREMENDOUS job! And it was so great to be able to get together with the "sisters"--the crowd of us who traveled to England together in October. We all had a blast together. --Wish you could have joined us at Sister Beth's house! Maybe next time.

Tammy Washburn said...

I was sick tonight. I finally succumbed today to the cough that started on Ladies Day so I missed church. (you know I only coughed on stage under the heat of the lights, not in the back when I was cooking:) I wanted to feel like I was in church so I watched the DVD's again and your class.

Your lesson was just perfect for the day! It was everything I had hoped would be taught that day and everything I have been feeling in my heart. I wish I could have sat down and soaked it all in as you were teaching. Thank YOU so much for coming to teach us!

I told the Family Camp directors that one day is hard enough to plan for...I don't know HOW they do it for five days!!! I plan on helping them as much as I can.

Tammy Washburn said...

I'll try to post pictures as soon as I get them.