The little things of life....

Oh yeah, I forgot a little blessing I got before I went to the find the "severed arm". I needed to pick up decorative something for the office at Kohl's in their decor section. Since I have gotten my rubber heeled- comfortable work shoes in the past there, I thought I would swing by and check the clearance shelf. I like black leather shoes with rubber heels, but because I walk on the outside of my feet, I wear the heels down on the outside within 6 months. My chiropractor noticed my heels and told me if I didn't replace them, my back could get out of align. I knew this, but hadn't had the time to go shoe shopping for work shoes.

So in the car, the thought entered my head..."Since I wear out the heels so fast, I only want to spend $8.99 on a pair of black leather shoes." Yeah right, I thought...that's crazy. The last pair I bought at Kohl's was a bit higher than that, even on sale!

I debated about picking up the office item on another day, but had the thought..."no, you need to go in and check for a pair of shoes for $8.99". I laughed and turned into the parking lot of the store.

I went straight to the shoe department. Looked at the shoes on the first clearance shelf. May I say..."uuuuuggglllly shoes" ;) Looked on the shelf of the second aisle...more ugly shoes. Looked on the shelf of the third aisle. Cute shoe. Wrong size, wrong price :)

Looked on the aisle of the fourth shelf....
Strolled down & looked at the last pair of shoes on the shelf.....
Picked up a pair of black leather shoes.
Looked at the size. Correct size (7m).
Looked at the price. (you know where I'm going with this don't you...? :)

$8.99

God loves to show up in the little details of our lives doesn't He?
I feel so special!

1 comment:

Vicki Smith said...

That is SO great! Praise God for ALL of His blessings, big and small!