A lot has happened...

My cousin's son rolled / totaled his truck on the way home from Youth Retreat yesterday because of a tire/wheel problem. Thankfully he is okay and unhurt.

I spent over an hour this morning sitting on the interstate because of an accident. Unfortunately 3 ambulances left the scene. The car was very smashed. So sad.

Got to work late and my work phone was acting up, the printer wasn't working and line 2 was out and I had to figure out why.

Then my employer called and said his father-in-law had passed away last night.

Then Mike calls and says that Sis. O'dell's father (who was once our Pastor) passed away this morning.

Dustin will be on his way home from Sis. Dupre's funeral later today so praying for his safe travels.

One good word...I was asked to do Missionary service this Wed. night and was told last night that I was "off the hook" :) because our Pastor has asked Bro. Clarkson to preach that night. Yahoo for that one! The missionary leader will get me next time, she told me. ;)

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

You'll enjoy Brother Clarkson, but a word of advice . . . fasten your seatbelts! :-D He can get pretty fired up.

Tammy Washburn said...

All right!!! Looking forward to his preaching!

cokelady said...

Send him home--we're missing him! Okay, so we just got home ourselves today... but still, it's weird knowing he's there and not here! I know you'll enjoy having him--he is SUCH a blessing.

So sorry about your crazy day and all of the sad things that happened. We'll be praying for Sister O'Dell.

Tammy Washburn said...

Nope! We have him until after the Minister's Convention. I think AL will truly wear him out before he can go home. First Youth Retreat this past weekend, he attended Sunday night at Bessemer, may have attended the funeral in TN on Monday, preaching at Alex City Tues. night, now preaching at Bessemer Wed. night, then preaching at the Minister's Conv. this coming weekend!!! Whew! He'll need a vacation when he gets home.

Sis. Odell's father's viewing is Wed. night and the funeral Thurs. so keep praying for her/family and her mom.