I've been on a short sabbatical. I have had a lot going on and needed to slooooooow down for a while. I've had a couple of storms hit my life, but God is faithful.
I guess I will start blogging again...mainly because I miss it....but for now I will keep this blog private, by invitation only.
Thanks for coming.
11 comments:
I miss blogging myself, but don't have the energy to put into it. I'll keep reading though. Thanks for the invite. Love you!
YAY!!! I'm SO HAPPY you're back! Add some spice to my life, girl! ;-)
It was really nice to get to spend a little time with you this past weekend. Your class was a real blessing. Thank you for sharing. And I'm SO GLAD you've "seen the error of your ways" and will now be a faithful Ladies' Retreater! :-D You've missed SO MUCH the past 15 years, or however many you said it had been. Today's Ladies' Retreats are not like they were before.
Sis. Smith....I think you have enough SPICE for the both of us! hahahaha! Thanks. I enjoyed your class too!
I did enjoy this Ladies Retreat and endured the hard beds. I'll buy a pillow foam thing to take next year. (Faithful retreater??...we'll see :)
You know that I'm "choleric(?)" And all that warm fuzzy, emotional stuff is out of my comfort range. ;-P
I've only been to two other retreats...both TCOG...and the whole "come sit in the garden (amongst the flower pots) to pray while you gaze into the mirror...or walk through the "door" or "finish line" and release your burdens...is just too much for me to "take". hahahhahaha.
I know that stuff is a blessing to many "emotional" types, but I'm completely hopeless with it...and thankfully I was spared this time.
Which is why I was hiding during the emotional testimony time. (but got called out anyway!) hahaha.
HA! Well, I don't know about the spice business, but I probably have enough EMOTION for the both of us! :-D I love all things girlie and I love fellowshipping with other women--even non-girlie types. LOL
I told my church once. "If all the members were like me...what kind of church would that be?"....my answer was: "BORING!" (I'm not known for my "fun-loving" antics ya know.) :-p
You "girly-girls" outnumber us 10-1...so Ladies Retreats SHOULD cater to them. I'm the weird one. Ha!
Also, did you know that I "canoed" for the first time in my life. Neither I, nor Christy knew how...but we did very well at it.
I asked the young man where the "heaviest" should sit. He grinned and said, "the back". I could imagine the canoe doing a "wheelie" with tiny Christy paddling thin air! However, she was able reach the water ;) and I was the rudder.
My chiropractor was able to adjust all the "bad bed" and "canoe" kinks out of my back on Monday...so I'm good.
Sounds like you need to start Retreating it out west. We're not as "soft" here. ;-) Maybe it's simply the influence of the rugged terrain or something... We don't smell flowers or sip tea at our Retreats. (I couldn't bear such "girliness" either! Bleagh! Ha!) We go sledding and building 8' snowmen, play Twister or have arm wrestling competitions, pry cans of chili open with our bare teeth, stuff like that. (Okay, so I got carried away and added something completely fictitious there at the end.) Only a few actually participate in such things, but all the others (including the girly-girls) reap the joys of witnessing it all. ;-) You'd love it!
I really just came here to say WA-HOO! You're back!!! :-) You've been missed.
hahahahaha! You know Sis. Beki...it does sound like I need to go out West. (I'm glad I don't have to pry open those cans with my teeth tho!) We'll let those southern ladies do all those tea parties.
Thanks...glad to be missed.
If ya'll know someone who wants to see my blog, let me know. I can add them. I'm just going to to KNOW who reads the blog for awhile.
You just THINK you know who's reading your private blog. Mine's been hacked into a couple of times that I know of. For all I know I have a compulsive trespasser that reads every single post and comment. ??? But at least you'll know MOST of your readers. ;-)
I did not know you canoed! I tried to be a good girl and go to my room for a much needed nap since I'd stayed up most of the night talking. I was partially successful with the nap plan--after I shut up. I'd have done Sister Cox a favor if I'd have gone canoeing so she could get started on her nap earlier. I have a funny to story to tell about that, but not here on a semi-private blog. :-)
So glad to see you are back..
As far as those GRITS...tea, frills and all, I sure do miss them.
Sis. Smith...I roomed with Sis. Cox at IYC one year. Talked to 3am. :)
I put on the medical requirements of my application: "I like to sleep." ha! There was 6-7 very quiet ladies on our room. We had some extra beds.
Some people like hackers just can't respect people's wishes. But God knows all and sees all doesn't he? Maybe one day that person may be in desparate need of your prayers.
I hadn't planned to canoe (since somone tipped over last year! and it was cooooold water this year.) but Sis. Christie really wanted to go...with no one to go with her...so I complied. We enjoyed it...although our arms were sore for a day.
Sis. MC: Is that "Girls Raised In The South (Grits)...or the kind you eat with butter, cheese and bacon? mmmmmmmmmmm.
Lae: Let me out! Let me out!
Just remember....my blood runs through your veins! haahhahhahhaha!
Post a Comment