
I stopped at a 4 way stop the other day. I indicated with my "blinkers" (turn signal) that I was going to make a left hand turn (B). The car facing me to my left (A) was indicating with her blinkers that she was going to make a right hand turn. So, I went ahead and pulled forward to make my left hand turn. Upon which the other driver raised her hands in anger (and probably some bad words) because she thought I had "pulled out in front of her". Contrary to her "blinker"...she actually had no intention of turning right, but going straight.
Are your "blinkers" lined up with your intentions? Or are you giving others the false impression that you are headed in a certain direction? Do you "blink" Holiness...while your actual intentions and actions are headed in another direction? Why get angry when something or someone reveals that your "blinkers" don't match your direction?
Another thot: If the lady had hit me. The police would have given me a ticket for "running out in front of her" because I could not have proved her deceptive blinker. (I could have been accused of "judging" her blinker. :P ) I would have been left with a wrecked car, perhaps minor injuries and a costly ticket.
How many people do we deceive with our "blinkers"? They trust us to be what we preach...but when they get "mowed over" by our real attitudes, intentions, actions...then we place the blame on them for "getting in our way"...leaving them spiritually wrecked, injured, and with costly penalties. We may "get away with it" here...but there is a judge who sees all and knows the very intents of our hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment