Unknown to me...at the last minute, Missionary service fell through...due to the leader and the assistant being sick. So right before service, our Pastor, as he is walking toward the pulpit (knowing he would have to fill in) turned to me and asked, "Sis. Tammy, would you like to preach tonight?"
Thinking he was surely joking, I asked, "Don't you think this is REALLY short notice?"
To which he and our S.O. replied, "Instant in Season and out of season."
To which I just laughed as our Pastor walked up the steps to start service.
He explained why the Missionary leader & Asst. couldn't make it tonight and started off with prayer and song serice.
Now realizing that he HADN'T BEEN joking...I thought..."if I had known"...while unzipping my purse..."I would have left my messages....in.....my......purse..... ;-) ....."
Guess what I found in my purse? Folded copies of the two messages that I had been studying on last Monday that I will be preaching in about 2 weeks.
So during song service...figuring it was a God thing since I had forgotten they were in there... I motioned to Bro. Hopkins...pointed at my papers...and gave him the thumbs up sign.
After singing, he explained to the congregation that he had asked me to preach before service, but that I was unsure, but just let him know that I would. (I told everyone..."I found one in my purse.")
Let me ask you a question. Do any of you just keep messages laying around in your purses? Yes? No?
Anyway....he had testimony service and a special song and offering to give me time.
I told everyone that "I had found 2 messages in my purse that I was going to preach in Pell City in about 2 weeks. One was short....and one was long. And guess what...they had already heard the short one." :) hahahahhahhahahhahaha!
I only spoke/taught (I still don't think we can call what I do as traditional preaching) for 25 minutes. Ha! (I probably need to shorten that up before I use it at Pell City ;)
I've heard that preachers should always keep a message in their heart/mind...but perhaps I should just carry one around in my purse too. hahahahahaha!
The one I found in my purse is: http://apttoteach.blogspot.com/2007/07/cold-hot-lukewarm.html
3 comments:
The answer to your question is "no." I do NOT carry a message in my purse. I carry emergency songs in my Bible cover, though. :-)
Ha! I have to admit I don't carry emergency songs. :) Since that was a "fluke"...I think that I may start carrying groups of scriptures that pertain to topics in a small notebook in my Bible case now....just in case. :)
Post a Comment