The first one is a response to a discussion I am currently having. But for ya'll...it would be a random thot. Ha! ;)
The second thot is regarding an article I recently read about Job. This article suggested that perhaps Job's one and only fault....the reason for God allowing everything to be stripped away from his life...was to reveal Job's one deeply buried point of pride. Pride in his "own Faith", in his own "uprightness" before God.
When God exposed this to Job...Job immediately humbled himself and worshipped God for His Glory and His perfect will.
We must have Faith...for without faith we cannot please God...but we cannot get the glory for our faith either..for God has provided every man a measure of it. God alone is worthy of that glory.
Examples: "God worked this miracle for me." "God worked this miracle for me because of my faith in Him."
See the difference? In one sentence God gets the glory. In the other..although it may even be true, we get the glory.
It was a very thot provoking article that I thot was interesting.
3 comments:
Hmmm...did you have something in particular in mind or am I just slow of thought and understanding?
The first one is a response to a discussion I am currently having. But for ya'll...it would be a random thot. Ha! ;)
The second thot is regarding an article I recently read about Job. This article suggested that perhaps Job's one and only fault....the reason for God allowing everything to be stripped away from his life...was to reveal Job's one deeply buried point of pride. Pride in his "own Faith", in his own "uprightness" before God.
When God exposed this to Job...Job immediately humbled himself and worshipped God for His Glory and His perfect will.
We must have Faith...for without faith we cannot please God...but we cannot get the glory for our faith either..for God has provided every man a measure of it. God alone is worthy of that glory.
Examples:
"God worked this miracle for me."
"God worked this miracle for me because of my faith in Him."
See the difference? In one sentence God gets the glory. In the other..although it may even be true, we get the glory.
It was a very thot provoking article that I thot was interesting.
Good examples of both thoughts in action. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment